Poll: Would you considering contributing to the running of the forum?

Would you considering contributing to the running of the forum?

• Yes I'd be up for making a small one off donation

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Yes I'd be up for making a regular annual donation

Votes: 9 75.0%
  • Yes contribute as and when

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • No thanks

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
Here at SEATCUPRA.NET we have always had a rule that the forums will be free for all.

The site is run as a hobby and is not for profit. We rely on the money we get from our generous sponsors to keep on top of the server and associated running costs (software subscriptions etc).

The money that comes in from merchandise sales (with the exception of the t-shirts which goes to a third party, as disclosed in the merch store) covers the costs of the merchandise and postage and packaging costs with an amount on top which goes back into the cost of the online store software.

Our costs are increasing and we would like to do more with the software and possibly outsource the server support as I personally don't have as much time to dedicate to that as I'd like to (also I'm not that technically competent in these areas if I'm being honest!) so better give it to professionals. All of this will of course cost money, quite a bit more money!

We could look for more sponsors but we risk saturating the forum with competing sponsors which isn't fair on the existing ones (we have a two similar sponsors rule by the way).

Therefore we have been wondering if some members of the community would be interested in making a small donation to the running of the community.

A few points just to be clear:

1. We're not in financial trouble, we would just like to do more for you with the platform and make the support more resilient
  2. This would be entirely optional and would not give anyone who contributes any special access or rights over members who choose not to contribute. It would be purely a donation to say thanks. You may have heard the term online "buy us a beer", it's a similar concept.
  3. Some forums charge for an annual membership which gives people special perks. We're not looking at this, as per point 2 above.

So we thought we'd just gauge interest in this? Please let us know what you think in the comments below. Also please vote in the poll (the poll won't work in Tapatalk so please use the mobile version of the site).

Thanks,

Scott

Bear

Jun 15, 2021
Here at SEATCUPRA.NET we have always had a rule that the forums will be free for all.

The site is run as a hobby and is not for profit. We rely on the money we get from our generous sponsors to keep on top of the server and associated running costs (software subscriptions etc).

The money that comes in from merchandise sales (with the exception of the t-shirts which goes to a third party, as disclosed in the merch store) covers the costs of the merchandise and postage and packaging costs with an amount on top which goes back into the cost of the online store software.

Our costs are increasing and we would like to do more with the software and possibly outsource the server support as I personally don't have as much time to dedicate to that as I'd like to (also I'm not that technically competent in these areas if I'm being honest!) so better give it to professionals. All of this will of course cost money, quite a bit more money!

We could look for more sponsors but we risk saturating the forum with competing sponsors which isn't fair on the existing ones (we have a two similar sponsors rule by the way).

Therefore we have been wondering if some members of the community would be interested in making a small donation to the running of the community.

A few points just to be clear:

1. We're not in financial trouble, we would just like to do more for you with the platform and make the support more resilient
  2. This would be entirely optional and would not give anyone who contributes any special access or rights over members who choose not to contribute. It would be purely a donation to say thanks. You may have heard the term online "buy us a beer", it's a similar concept.
  3. Some forums charge for an annual membership which gives people special perks. We're not looking at this, as per point 2 above.

So we thought we'd just gauge interest in this? Please let us know what you think in the comments below. Also please vote in the poll (the poll won't work in Tapatalk so please use the mobile version of the site).

Thanks,

Scott
Hi Scott, why the option of a one off payment OR a monthly sub...I'd be happy to do either but can only tick one box.
Ta.

Reactions: Syphon
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.