Possbily a leon(new car)

adamb87

cupra gone :(
Feb 13, 2011
Preston
So after been running a focus st225 for a couple of years I have now decided something cheaper to run is in order. Filling up every 2 minutes is getting a bit long in the tooth now :p
So I have strated looking at mk2 with the 1.2tsi and 1.4tsi engines. Used to own the 1.4tsi cupra and still have a soft spot for the SEATs.
So any info on reliability on both engines, running costs on both engines(major important) an any common things to keep an eye open for. Any personal preferences ate good also :) cheers people !!

CRNeo

Feb 5, 2016
Liverpool
No dervs?

My mate runs the same 1.4 engine in his polo blue gt DSG (I think it's the same engine) and seems to really like it I drove it recently on a reasonably long journey and it was nice, enough power to feel punchy enough and getting high 40 to low 50 mpg is easily achievable.

Last edited:

Rob66

Apr 25, 2004
UK
Hi Adam

Not on your list, but driving carefully I can get 38mpg out of my 2.0 tfsi and 31mpg driving 'normally'.

adamb87

Feb 13, 2011
Preston
No dervs?

My mate runs the same 1.4 engine in his polo blue gt DSG (I think it's the same engine) and seems to really like it I drove it recently on a reasonably long journey and it was nice, enough power to feel punchy enough and getting high 40 to low 50 mpg is easily achievable.

No not considering dervs. Don't do enough mileage for it and sick to death of the dpfs. Ye think it may be the 1.4 just so I may be able to have a little fun from time to time haha

adamb87

Feb 13, 2011
Preston
Hi Adam

Not on your list, but driving carefully I can get 38mpg out of my 2.0 tfsi and 31mpg driving 'normally'.

Doesn't sound bad compared to my average 22mpg on the ST !! Was trying to get everything nice and cheap as a bit of a cost saving excercise as we now have a six month old .

Jfox

Nov 8, 2012
I'm seeing that in my Cupra :D

Well i don't drive "normal" and lots of short journeys but hey, its only money :p can't live without it but boring if u dont spend.

My mate has the 1.4TSI mk3 leon rather than the mk2 and thats pretty quick for what it is and looks very nice.

adamb87

Feb 13, 2011
Preston
Don't get me wrong I love the st. And the noise is immense from the 5 pot, but nursery fees are too god dam expensive so something has to give Haha

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise