possible boost leak

Bowen

Jun 5, 2009
on daveibiza's drive.
Hey Guys and Girls,

Recently had a revo stage1 (great bang for the buck mod) boosted to 20psi and held at 19 psi, about a week after a coilpack went pop so replaced accordingly.

Ever since the car boosts upto 20psi, then drops and doesnt hold. Using my limited knowledge i would think boost leak? iv'e searched the engine bay for visible splits or cracks no joy, so im looking to the pro's on here? any advice or past experience?

Thanks in advance.

p.s. i searched the forum too.:p

Shytot

Jul 4, 2005
Hey Guys and Girls,

Recently had a revo stage1 (great bang for the buck mod) boosted to 20psi and held at 19 psi, about a week after a coilpack went pop so replaced accordingly.

Ever since the car boosts upto 20psi, then drops and doesnt hold. Using my limited knowledge i would think boost leak? iv'e searched the engine bay for visible splits or cracks no joy, so im looking to the pro's on here? any advice or past experience?

Thanks in advance.

p.s. i searched the forum too.:p

Hi Jim

If there is one thing I can confidently say, it is that worn hoses are near impossible to locate. For the sake of £20 replace them and eliminate it as a factor. I have Stage 1 REVO too and whenever i've had a boost drop over the past 135k it is either vac pipes or a dead cat puncturing my SMIC :happy:

Awesome car MKTROIS

daves ibiza

hes just running lcr setup;). i think its cuming from coldside pipe. i have a good few samcos now mate call up and we will get it kitted out. definatley boost related zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Bowen

Jun 5, 2009
on daveibiza's drive.
sorted it i think, driving to work this morning pop heard a boost pipe pop off. rolled to a stop looked under the bonnet, a silicone joiner had worked loose. 10mm spanner 20secs later and an oily shirt, done.

few more nigly issues, engine mount, wishbones, exhaust hanger/bushes, wheel bearing and a dodgy clutch pedal (although that could just be me????)

thanks