Possible Fuel Pump... HELP!!!

D--R--E--W

Mar 18, 2010
West Lothian
Right guys, got an S3, I know it's not a Leon but thought I'd try here since its the 210bhp engine.

Right, so the problem is, the car was boosting fine untill the other night, it would peak boost then suddenly drop and start giving a judder. The next night it got worse and started to get juddery even before the peak in boost. Went into the shops, came out and the car would start but idle very low around 300 revs and when trying to rev or pull away the car would cut out.

I had noticed a few days previously that the pump started making loud noises when primeing. My mate checked the fuel return pipe and there is no pressure coming through the pipe atall. The pump now makes no noise atall but the car has started since the pipe was removed and put back on but the symptoms just started again.

In folks opinions would you think this means a weak pump?

Pyro

I'd say check the filter first if that's not blocked then check relay if thats fine new pump ;)

D--R--E--W

Mar 18, 2010
West Lothian
The car was serviced around 2 months ago just before I went to TRAX. I bought a pump today as my mate is 99% on it, I will go mad if he is wrong haha, What colour or position is the relay in, in the box?

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
The relay as 409 stamped on the top

powerblock.jpg

Cupra_Mat

Aug 9, 2010
Sutton Coldfield / Lichfield
Seems to be a few of us with fuel pump issues at the moment!

I was going to buy a pump this week but now thinking its not the actually pump itself as it has been working fine over the last week and more likely to be the relay or filter.

I had lights on the dash but no fault code when mine refused to start which points more towards the relay not making the connection, if it was the pump itself i wouldn't thought you would get any lights as the connection to the pump is fine but being the pump not working.

Someone else on here replaced their pump a few days ago which resolved the same issue tho, let us know if the pump solves the issue!

D--R--E--W

Mar 18, 2010
West Lothian
Ok, I pretty much went mental at my mate, it was a bloody relay!!!

Just went and bought a 225 Bam pump for nothing!!! Gonna sell it for 100 to recouperate some money back....