Power Loss and Overheating Leon Cupra

hainey

At the end of a long trip last night in my Leon Cupra I noticed whilst driving at 90mph there seemed to be virtually no power in 5th and 6th and also the temperature gauge went up from the normal half way point to about 3/4. When dropping back down to about 80mph temperature returned to 1/2 way. There seems to be the normal power and torque in the lower gears, 1st - 4th but not in 5th and 6th.

Any suggestions as i'm stumped.

cheers,

Matt.

hainey

cheers.

So i take it new water pump = new timing belt too?? Good, thats not going to be cheap either!! Anyway of being able to confirm its the water pump yourself? i'm guessing not?

The MoffMeister

Half Hoff, Half Moff.
Apr 4, 2006
colchester
well i rang up to see bout the price of it from another garage, they quoted me bout £350 and changing the timing belt to with it. does it sit at 90 when idle or poodling along not over 50mph?? then when you put your foot down the temp rises and theres no turbo feel to it?? from the guys who posted in my thread they say this is the probability, as i said have a look below!!

hainey

Cheers for the info. Just a bit miffed now as i had noticed a slight rise in temperature before my last service and thought they had sorted it, but a a couple of months later ( and now most frustratingly a couple of weeks out of warranty) the problem is loads worse.

Any idea whether i could argue this under warranty as it seems to be a very common problem.

Also any good / bad experiences of Parkstone SEAT in Leigh-on-Sea as these are now my local dealer.

cheers.

Wes@Parkstone

Hey there guys, its wesley from Parkstone, we have now started the ball rolling and are removing the "Bad Apples" from the dealership so from now on you will be speaking to a new service guy as the old one has gone. This should make the experience a little better for everyone. Here is my own email if you need to talk [email protected]

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.