Power Steering Fault Code using Vag Com

adam23

Jan 10, 2008
Hi guys,

Wanting some info. I've recently had some work carried out under warranty on my car (needed a power steering rack) which was done without any problems. However, i've just checked my car using a genuine ross tech cable and was presented with the following error code:

VCDS Version: Release 908.2

Address 03: ABS Brakes Labels: 1K0-907-379-MK60-F.lbl
Control Module Part Number: 1K0 907 379 AC HW: 1K0 907 379 AC
Component and/or Version: ESP FRONT MK60 0101
Software Coding: 0006792
Work Shop Code: WSC 06441 785 00200
1 Fault Found:

01309 - Power Steering Control Module (J500)
008 - Implausible Signal

Now my power steering with is working fine and no lights are showing on the dash. However when I try to delete the error code on vag com, it keeps reappearing! Any ideas has to why it's showing the error? Also, where would I find the power steering control module?

adam23

Jan 10, 2008
I have already checked that, but surely the dealers would have checked all connectors/wiring and if there was a faulty module, would there not be a warning light on in the dash?? Power steering is working fine.

adam23

Jan 10, 2008
Techie, i've managed to get rid of it.. Went into ABS brake controller, then Coding 07, changed the software coding which brought a flashing light and beep on the dash, cleared the error codes.. I then re entered the original software code and did an auto scan and all was well! No error codes. Just gonna take the car out for test run now to see if everything is okay!

pita100

Dec 19, 2013
HI adam32,

I have the same issue with my Leon FR TDI 2008.
Can you detail how I can code this issue I will really appreciate your help.

Tnx in advance

adam23

Jan 10, 2008
HI adam32,

I have the same issue with my Leon FR TDI 2008.
Can you detail how I can code this issue I will really appreciate your help.

Tnx in advance

Hi mate,

It's been sometime since I encountered the issue and no longer own the car! Is there any reason why your getting the error code? My Cupra had gone into the stealers for new steering rack, so believe that was the reason as to why the error code was occurring.

Try following what I did in the post above yours, but try finding what the code should be, re-set with that and do as I did to see if that clears things up for you. Hope that makes sense, its just been ages and I'm having to think hard to remember what I did exactly to get rid of the codes :confused:

Last edited:

hokansons

Oct 29, 2015
I am an automotive technician. As strange as it sounds what adam23 did worked for us where nothing else would.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members