pressed plates on mk2s!

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
Look at my car

You need to get legal ones, have to be reflective, UK font/spacing, BS codes written at bottom etc

Dubmeister make them

Jun 13, 2008
Kent
dubmeister or europl8. Look exacctly the same except for the small name on the bottom. Had some on since september and no trouble so far, shouldn't really be anyway

crossedmike

dubmeister or europl8. Look exacctly the same except for the small name on the bottom. Had some on since september and no trouble so far, shouldn't really be anyway

haha ur display pic haha :)

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham

the name/BS stamp is needed, if not then you will be fined if you get a clued up cop
its to do with standards, so needs them :)

Dave_R

Save a Sheep...Buy Brembo
Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
i removed mine after the fine went up to £60

Same here but without a fine just had enough of everyone having them! But I have got a set on my Passat! :lol:

But it's a f@cking pain when the neighbours reverse into the plate slighly while parking and leave a nice dent in the front one! Had enough of this bloody street [:@]:whistle:

crossedmike

heres one of my pressed plate and my new gloss skirts and foglight grills :)

gloss plate.jpg

on the pressed plate on the back

bk.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

ibiza_95

1.8T MK2 Conversion
where did you get yours done ben? Are they an online only type jobby?

i got mine from somewhere online, tho i cant remember where :/
They didnt officially do them with the 'E' as a marking on the back plate, as the spanish have white plates on front and back, but i know dubmeister do them with the 'E' on now

mine werent the legal type, and after 3 or 4 fines and a letter from the DVLA saying my registration mark would be removed, they soon came off :(

crossedmike

i got mine from somewhere online, tho i cant remember where :/
They didnt officially do them with the 'E' as a marking on the back plate, as the spanish have white plates on front and back, but i know dubmeister do them with the 'E' on now

mine werent the legal type, and after 3 or 4 fines and a letter from the DVLA saying my registration mark would be removed, they soon came off :(

3 0r 4 fines my mate got 2 and they took his car and made him pay 180 to get it back and under the contract he brough new plates with him and they kept the old ones [:@]

crossedmike

i had mine on for years... after worrying everytime a cop goes past about them it just isnt worth it imo

legal ones on the other hand wouldnt be an issue :)

mine are legal as mount i get pulled cba with anymore reasons lol

and haha nothing worse that that feeling ohh cr@p are they guna pull me what could be rong lol

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.