Price of diesel

Feb 8, 2008
Essex
The price of petrol always goes up this time of year, and will then dip again during the winter.
Works for me and cashing in my BP shares though, haha

gus

Jun 27, 2006
wow thats amazingly high i hope it doesnt start getting stupid round where i am in the midlands at the mo asda is 99.9 for diesel and petrol is 98.9. normally theres a huge difference in the 2.. ;-((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

bad times....

stuartsjg

Oct 22, 2008
Aberdeen
Petrol prices go up a bit in summer as more people go holidays and diesel prices go down as there is a lower competition/demand for heating oil.

Also the oil price is creeping backup again, $52pbl to $72pbl in the last 3 months.

Still, the oil companies do try to even the price fluctuations so pump prices reflect a 6-12monthly rolling average.

Oil was v-expensive 6-9 months ago (3 x what it is now) but the fuel only went up 25-50%.

Its gone back down, but prices stay higher at the pumps to claw back the loss during high prices time.

Where the big pump price hikes come in is if the price of oil doesn't fall then they need to raise the prices sharply to catch up again.

Can be fun to get your head around the logic but its there - i hate to admit it tho, its easier to hate the fuel prices!

Stuart

btw - tesco in Aberdeen are a con - so what you get double clubcard points - the fuel is 2p/L more then BP and 3p/L more than shell! - Why are there ques at the pumps (crazy people)!!?? Go to shell or BP instead!

ps. forgot to say - bit rubbish that diesel fuel duty is 5p/L more than Petrol!!

Last edited:

Adam R

Diesel ISN'T a Dirty word
Mar 5, 2007
lee in the solent
down where i am (on the south coast) fuel AND diesel are 99.9p :D

i just laugh at the petrol owners as im getting 600 miles + out of 50 quids worth of v-power diesel

Husbandofstinky

Out from the Wilderness
Nov 8, 2007
Temperate Regions
I don't know what their excuses are this time but the price of crude has increased from $55 a barrell just over a month ago to just over $70 now.

Still this does not explain issues considering at the height last year $140 a barrell it was £1.30 a litre :confused:

There are just too many factors that can be blamed and they can just charge us what they want.

stuartsjg

Oct 22, 2008
Aberdeen
i paid 1.08 for ULMATE in Orsett, just down the road from BP where i work. Its getting expensive again, haha.

I think BP try and screw their own staff, there is a BP filling station next to the main BP offices in Aberdeen and its the most expensive one in the whole city by 1-2p/L!

I hope their staff goes to shell or asda nearby!

steveb8189

Diesel is now about 1p cheaper than petrol up in Lancaster

Diesel 102.9
Standard Unleaded Petrol 103.9

BP Garage

coolypops

Tastes like chicken
Feb 14, 2009
The Emerald Isle
I don't know what their excuses are this time but the price of crude has increased from $55 a barrell just over a month ago to just over $70 now.

Still this does not explain issues considering at the height last year $140 a barrell it was £1.30 a litre :confused:

There are just too many factors that can be blamed and they can just charge us what they want.

To explain it simply the majority of what you pay at the pump is tax. This is why the price only went up 30 cent when oil prices were high and have only come down by 30p even though oil is half the price.

last year = 140 a barrel - 1.30 a liter = 80p tax + 50p price

this year = 70 a barrel - 1.00 a liter = 65p tax + 35p price

not exact figures but you get what i mean?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.