Problem with DAB radio

Monsoon

Dec 13, 2013
I had the car in for its first service yesterday and as soon as I picked it up I noticed a problem with the radio. The volume control (both the main knob and the steering wheel control) didn't work properly and wouldn't increase the volume at all. After a while it was ok, but it keeps on happening now. Also, when reversing the ParkPilot starts as usual but completely mutes the radio whereas usually it just lowers the volume a bit so the sensor beeps can be heard.

Having experimented a bit, it's clear that it only happens when the DAB radio is on - normal FM and AM radio is fine, as is when the cd and sd card are playing. Has anyone else had similar problems?

Really fed up with the car now - this is the 4th problem in just under 6 months of ownership.

simonali

Apr 3, 2014
Wiltshire
Sounds to me like some software updates have been applied and they're none too successful. I'd be back onto whoever serviced it and be asking questions. If that was a SEAT dealer then I bid you good luck!

smurf123

Feb 9, 2014
swindon wiltshire
on park pilot mine did the same try changing the setting that change the sat nav voice level as this also applies to park pilot set it to low

Last edited:

Monsoon

Dec 13, 2013
Tried that Smurf - it still happens. There's something gone wrong - it only plays up when the DAB radio is on. The ParkPilot sound settings, and volume control, work perfectly with AM, FM, CD and SD card. As soon as DAB radio is on though, that's when the problems start. The dealer can't look at it until the end of the month...

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members