Problems with misting on 9 month old S Copa - now ice inside windscreen.

Mr Cellotape

AKA Mr Ribbed
May 9, 2006
Warwickshire once.
I used to have ice on the Inside of the windows every single day.

I fixed it by selling the bag of crap.

Don't even waste your time with the dealers or Seat UK. You'll get more joy asking your wife's sister for a BJ than you will ask them to fix this issue.

Ps mine was under warranty.

Reactions: betty_swollox

Cupra R Matt

Moody grey 300!
Mar 4, 2012
Chesterfield
1st thing i'd do is make sure your AC IS working properly!

2nd thing (& don't take this the wrong way) Make sure your glass inside is kept SUPER clean as any muck or crud will only make misting issues worse!

3rd thing which i was told ages ago when i was with another marque was to try making sure you have the heater set for screen and the floor (might sound strange but it DID help with that car!)

4th You could try this product, it's an anti fogging solution for your interior glass and as long as you follow the instructions on how to apply and NOT to touch the glass - you might find it helps quite significantly! http://www.elitecarcare.co.uk/carpro-fog-fight-100ml-kit.php?manufacturers_id=66

I have read of quite a few folks on here saying that the Leon IS bad for misting up inside, and since the winter weather has set in recently i am finding that this IS an issue,and of all the cars i've owned i'm pretty sure the Leon is the worst for moisture inside/misting up. I have recently bought some of the above product to try in an attempt to see if i can make the situation better, and so far i seem to be having postive results, Treat all the inside glass today except for the rear window (deliberatley) and went out, parked up and sat in the car and ONLY the rear window suffered from misting up!! Obviously this was my 1st trial of this product so it's too early to say whether or not it will significantly help reduce the fogging/misting issue, but the early signs are looking good!

On another note - not ALL dealers are bad regarding warranty claims, mine have been spot on so far for the two issues i've raised and they have addressed BOTH issues without having to pee around going any further going to Seat themselves etc!

Last edited:

joey561

Jun 21, 2012
OK so I took it into SEAT - they couldn't find any issues/leaks etc. Anything else and I would need to contact SEAT customer service... as they can only repair faults. The head service guy was very nice, he advised me that it was likely due to the warm air in the car... he advised me to turn off the A/C before the end of a journey, and the best method is to open windows for a minute or two before leaving the car. I have also cleaned my windscreen inside, it's seemed to help recently - no misting at all - but it hasn't been quite as cold!

One other thing I have remembered is that my Climate control flashed when I was using it the other day - only for a second or two. After checking in these forums (specifically here - ***.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=172537), I have noticed that this could be due to a problem in the A/C system. That post is to do with an Ibiza, but I presume the system is very similar. It's only happened once though, about a week or two ago.
If the A/C was leaking, it could definitely contribute couldn't it? Weird that they wouldn't have checked that too when I took it in...

Please let me know how you have found that anti fogging solution Cupra R Matt! I'm quite intrigued by it!

Cupra R Matt

Moody grey 300!
Mar 4, 2012
Chesterfield
OK so I took it into SEAT - they couldn't find any issues/leaks etc. Anything else and I would need to contact SEAT customer service... as they can only repair faults. The head service guy was very nice, he advised me that it was likely due to the warm air in the car... he advised me to turn off the A/C before the end of a journey, and the best method is to open windows for a minute or two before leaving the car. I have also cleaned my windscreen inside, it's seemed to help recently - no misting at all - but it hasn't been quite as cold!

One other thing I have remembered is that my Climate control flashed when I was using it the other day - only for a second or two. After checking in these forums (specifically here - ***.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=172537), I have noticed that this could be due to a problem in the A/C system. That post is to do with an Ibiza, but I presume the system is very similar. It's only happened once though, about a week or two ago.
If the A/C was leaking, it could definitely contribute couldn't it? Weird that they wouldn't have checked that too when I took it in...

Please let me know how you have found that anti fogging solution Cupra R Matt! I'm quite intrigued by it!

Difficult to say atm buddy - it appears to be working very well, but obviously the temps have come up recently & since applying it so i need us to have some cold weather again to really say how well (or not) the treatment is working, but so far it does seem to be making a difference as i've not suffered with any bad condensation or misting on the inside glass since application.

I know that keeping your glass super clean helps a lot though.

joey561

Jun 21, 2012
All I was doing was asking for help... a clear problem with the car shouldn't just be forgotten about, the car is only 9 months old - I didn't get a new car to put up with problems like this.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.