Problems?

robby71

Sep 3, 2005
Yorkshire, UK
Does anyone have a list of common problems on the Ibiza?

I've finally traced a "rattle" from the rear of my car, thought it was tailgate area but it's from inside the rear seat upright :(
When i tap on the seat back from inside the boot area something sounds loose inside but there doesn't seem to be any way of opening it up to have a look

I'm not sure what the warranty is on trim - 3 years or 1 year as on some cars?

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
If there is a manufacturing defect it’s covered under your 3 year warranty as long as the tech who works on your car can reproduce the fault at time of testing.
I’ve had customers come in for rattles and be covered under warranty. It might even be a known problem that other people have had so they’ll have a repair for it. Ie replacement or other repair.

vc-10

Mar 29, 2016
I've heard of people having rattles from the backrest release on VAG products. Apparently it's often the catch rattling around the little hoop part that stays put when you fold the seat (looks like the hoop on the door jam which the door latches onto). Apparently putting a bit of electrical tape around the loop can stop the rattle.

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
I've heard of people having rattles from the backrest release on VAG products. Apparently it's often the catch rattling around the little hoop part that stays put when you fold the seat (looks like the hoop on the door jam which the door latches onto). Apparently putting a bit of electrical tape around the loop can stop the rattle.
Yes, I had this in my mk6 Golf GTD and the electrical tape solution worked and provided a permanent fix. If the tape wears through as a result of regularly raising and lowering the seat backrest, its cheap to replace the tape.

@robby71 - if the rattling in your seat backrest is coming from the catch area, it’d be worth trying this, as it’s a cheap and effective fix. Saves faffing around at the dealers, and them pulling your seat backrest apart, with the risk of them damaging it and causing more rattles in the process.

Reactions: 300bhpdaily

robby71

Sep 3, 2005
Yorkshire, UK
Thanks for the suggestions - i've done this fix on numerous cars in the past but this car is different, the rattle on mine is from what i think is the seatbelt reel for the middle seat in the back - if i tap near to where the 2 seat backs meet in the reel area that's where i hear it :(

Called into dealers yesterday and they wouldn't pop out for a look so had to book it in for next month and leave it :( probably have changed the car by then

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.