Prosport Coilovers Now Available!

Chappers0609

Hi Damien,

Are these any good? How do they compare with the well known brands for a Seat Leon Cupra R (Mk1). I currently have H&R 20mm lowering springs and thinking about upgrading.

Many thanks.

Chappers0609

Thanks Damian, would you class them as an improved set up over the H&R springs as I know these are supposed to be specifically designed for the Cupra R's. Cheers.

Chappers0609

It would depend on the mileage covered by your current dampers and also condition.

Damian @ DPM Performance
7 years and 78k on the same dampers, springs = 6 months and 2k. I'm thinking the pro-sports might be an improvement perhaps?!

dgjdrummer

Part-timer
Nov 5, 2011
Wrexham, N. Wales
How do they rate against the JOM and FK AK set-ups? Both in performance and comfort? Have you had much feedback regarding these yet?

Wondering if it's worth the extra £25/£35....

Apr 13, 2011
hull
A lot better than jom and I'd say slightly better than the fk set but I can not really rate the fks because don't really know much about them

scottmays007

Hi there ive got a set of JOM,s on my fr150 and the are useless the knock and bang they have wreaked a pair of top mounts in 2 months im after some more coilovers or shocks and springs that are gonna last more than 2 months! are these any good?

SteveMk4

5 Door 1.2
Dec 10, 2012
Laois, Ireland
Hi Damien. Got my prosports fitted. They came with the shorter drop links than standard. But the problem is that they are still too long and they rub off the drive shaft. Have you heard of any problems like this from customers? There the Ibiza 6l ones by the way

SteveMk4

5 Door 1.2
Dec 10, 2012
Laois, Ireland
Morning,

What height do you have the kit set at?

Sometimes adjustable ones are needed depending on the drop.

Damian @ DPM Performance
Have them let down to the bottom of the adjuster. Maybe if I let them up a little they may be ok. Will give it a try anyway and see if it helps.

N417H4N

Jul 24, 2012
Cheers Damian for the coilovers, very quick delivery and they have made a huge difference, although the front where harder to fit than I thought lol. I ended up using Ford Puma drop links in the end and there perfect!

Christ Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members