ProSport Coilovers or Bilstein Dampers.

NathFRMk2

Mar 2, 2013
Essex
Hi Damien,

I'm currently looking to change my suspension set up as I have some leaky dampers.

I have a 06 Seat Leon FR (170PD)

Currently on Eibach Pro's 30mm drop.

I have been looking at your shop and I'm torn between the ProSport Coilover kit, (£219) or the Bilstein Dampers kit (£210)

The springs have done about 30k miles.

I doubt i'll be dropping the car much more if I do put it on Coilovers, so I'm very open to keeping the springs and changing the dampers, but I'm not sure how much life the springs have left in them.

Any advice you could give on what option I should take?

I don't mind a stiff ride, I just hate 'Crashy' suspension that makes loads of noise if I drive over a crack in the road (Like mine currently is).

Also, do members still get a Members discount? (just out of interest :))

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:help:

Last edited:

Damian @ DPM

DPM Performance
Forum Sponsor
Morning,

Thank you for your post.

If you're happy with the height and ride from the springs then the Bilstein B4 Sport dampers would be a good option to go with them.

With 30k on the springs you should still have a few more miles left in them without any problems.

Not a lot of movement on either but depending on when and how you'd be paying we may be able to do something.

Damian @ DPM Performance

NathFRMk2

Mar 2, 2013
Essex
Ahh lovely, Thanks for the response Damien and thanks for the advice. I'll have a little think about it, but I'll definitely be buying one or the other, probably the end of Feb, Jan's a tough one! haha

Will give you a shout when I'm going to order it.

:funk:

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.