Puddle Light issues(I know this has been covered before)

Cupradrivergaz

Dec 31, 2018
please bear with me..

So I know this has been covered 100 times before but hoping someone can shed some light.

Drivers door puddle light is not working, passenger side and interior lights are.. also no buzzer for when door is open and lights are on.

I have changed module in drivers door but this hasn't fixed the issue.

no power to drivers door puddle light either as I have now checked it with multi meter.

I've checked for breaks in wiring in the door but no luck.

hope somebody may have an idea.

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
Definietly sounds like a fault with the drivers door module or the wiring to it. I know you've said you checked/replaced them, but not really sure what else it could be. Have you also checked for corrosion in the appropriate connectors? Whatever it is it can only really be that the car doesn't know the drivers door is open for whatever reason IMO.

If you have access to the full version of VCDS then you can scan the 'central convienience' module (for some reason it's not under the central locking module shown in vcds) and that should have fault codes and can also display the status of the doors and windows.

Cupradrivergaz

Dec 31, 2018
Definietly sounds like a fault with the drivers door module or the wiring to it. I know you've said you checked/replaced them, but not really sure what else it could be. Have you also checked for corrosion in the appropriate connectors? Whatever it is it can only really be that the car doesn't know the drivers door is open for whatever reason IMO.

If you have access to the full version of VCDS then you can scan the 'central convienience' module (for some reason it's not under the central locking module shown in vcds) and that should have fault codes and can also display the status of the doors and windows.

would there be any other issues other than puddle light not working if module or wiring is faulty somewhere?

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
would there be any other issues other than puddle light not working if module or wiring is faulty somewhere?

You get no buzzer for lights on when you open the drivers door, and usually the car will auto re-lock itself if you get in through the drivers door and then don't put the key in the ignition within 30 seconds. I know you have the first symptom so that's what makes me think it's related to car not knowing the door has been opened.

Shouldn't imagine the module is faulty as it usually works or it doesn't, never heard of them failing on just one door, although obviously it's a possibility.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.