R8 coilpack

May 11, 2019
Anyone installed the r8/S3 coilpack? just wondering if this makes a difference at all in gains for a map, cheers

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Hi there. No difference at all. What car is it you've got?

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
I'm getting the RS3 coilpacks for my Cupra and then adding RS7 spark plugs until I've spoken to Progressive Parts and heard their view on the NGK uprated racing ones.

Reactions: Redrckt

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Tho

Thought so mate, got a 2007 fr 2.0 tfsi just trying to see what parts can make a little difference for a map

I think it's safe to say the R8 coils won't make much if any difference to power. What will make a difference is old vs new coils n plugs. So if your plugs / packs haven't been changed for 50k odd miles, I'd invest in a set of new NGK plugs and packs.

Reactions: Redrckt

Deleted member 103408

And just chucking in my two penyworth, have a chat with your mapper to find out what they recommend for both coils and plugs but also anything else.

UPDATE I just noted you are in a hot country have you got a water meth kit installed, I know the guys in South Africa swear by them to get the fuel intake temps down (to get the best power)

Reactions: Legojon
May 11, 2019
And just chucking in my two penyworth, have a chat with your mapper to find out what they recommend for both coils and plugs but also anything else.

UPDATE I just noted you are in a hot country have you got a water meth kit installed, I know the guys in South Africa swear by them to get the fuel intake temps down (to get the best power)
Only here on holiday haha be back in the UK soon

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members