Radiator mount replacement

Ca11um43

Dec 10, 2021
How would I go about replacing the lower radiator mounts on a Cupra R (top ones seem fine)? My radiator is moving quite a bit, and I can hear it knocking when accelerating, braking, etc etc. Won't let me upload the video for some reason, but I already have some genuine replacement ones to go on. I'm not sure how to change them though. The closest guide I've found is a video on how to completely remove the radiator on a VW. But is there an easier way? If there is then I would like to tackle it today and/or tomorrow. I also don't want to remove absolutely everything if I don't have to, and risk breaking something else. But if that's the only way then I'll tackle it another day, when I have more time.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220618-121816_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20220618-121816_eBay.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 74

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
Not a job i can remember ever coming up here before. Probably one of those where you'll just have to get in there and see what it looks like, see what things are in your way etc.

If you don't have a lift and are doing it on your drive, then the front bumper is fairly easy to remove and refit. If it was me i think i'd whip that off for access and then see how it looks.

Ca11um43

Dec 10, 2021
Not a job i can remember ever coming up here before. Probably one of those where you'll just have to get in there and see what it looks like, see what things are in your way etc.

If you don't have a lift and are doing it on your drive, then the front bumper is fairly easy to remove and refit. If it was me i think i'd whip that off for access and then see how it looks.
Yeah, I can't find any posts about it on here...Only old ones about replacing the whole radiator, which is where I got the video from. But that would require me to literally remove the whole front end, drain my coolant, etc etc 😬 A bigger job than I was expecting it to be, and something that I don't have time to do for at least a few more weeks, which sucks. So was just wondering if anybody knew of a quicker/easier way.

I will be doing it on my driveway and have removed the bumper before. From what I remember from the video, the bolts holding the radiator in are behind there, so that will have to be removed either way. But then the hoses and just about everything else looks like it will be in the way, and stop me maneuvering the radiator enough while it's still in place.

Last edited:

MoToJoJo

Mar 25, 2014
Northants
Removing front end I get but I dunno why you'd drain the radiator. You're only manoeuvring it enough to change out the supports, not change the rad itself

Reactions: Rich.T
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.