Radio Signal Help!!

Thomson1

Dec 16, 2013
Johnstone, Renfrewshire
Hi all, had my seat ibiza 1.4 copa se for nearly 2 years now, had constant issues with radio signal, sometimes signal is perfect, other times signal is non exsistent, had it back at dealers 4 times in which they have replaced aerial base and says they have " retuned auto frequency ", and on one occasion found no fault, also tried changing the seat dealership after 2nd attempt and its now getting to the issue of them trying to charge me for looking at the car, anyone else had any radio problems with the car and know of any fixes/solutions that wont put me out of pocket, any info would be appreciated !! Thanks

May 19, 2011
mines just got like that problem is my car is 10 plate and aftermarket stereo so wouldnt want to pay arm and leg to have the same problems as you.

luckily my stereo has bluetooth and it can stream tunein radio should it become a massive prob

Thomson1

Dec 16, 2013
Johnstone, Renfrewshire
There now telling me its the wire from the headunit to the aerial base which is at fault, theres apparently 3 different sizes so I need to give them the car for a few days. Will let you know how I get on its booked in for the 8th December!

ash1872

Aug 23, 2012
There now telling me its the wire from the headunit to the aerial base which is at fault, theres apparently 3 different sizes so I need to give them the car for a few days. Will let you know how I get on its booked in for the 8th December!

How did you get on? Have the exact same problem (62 plate Ibiza FR) and fobbed off from 2 dealerships now.

Thomson1

Dec 16, 2013
Johnstone, Renfrewshire
Forgot to post an update here, they had the car a week but eventually that is the problem fixed, wasn't too happy how they let the car go right enough, few trims hangin off but i just sorted that myself. Just keep on there case thats what i had to do and they sent me to another dealership for it!! Now my climatic controle module is playing up, the backlight is lit but no LED writing to tell u what degrees its set too or what vents its coming through [:@] this will be 8th trip back with car !!!

Wee-nemo

'13 Cupra - Nevada White
Nov 17, 2013
Aberdeen
Same problem here too, usually it's completely fine but occasionally goes very fuzzy. Trying to get a dealer to rectify an intermittent fault is like pulling teeth so have just put up with it so far.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.