RAID LED Rear lights on Red LCR

aphix

Sep 5, 2005
Camberley, Surrey
Evening,

Been wanting to fit the RAID LED Rear lights to my leon for a while now, just havent had the money to shell out for them.. anyway got a bargain on ebay so grabbed them.

I know J@mes fitted them on his black LCR and they looked stunning. Hadnt seen them on any other colour so thought id post the pictures, cos i know that sometimes lights look completley differnt on differnt colours.

I raelly like them, they modernise the back of the leon up really well.

The only thing i would say is that ive always felt the rear lights are a little on the large size, these seem to highlight that even more from some angels.. does anyone else find that?

Rob

on.jpg

and off

off.jpg

does your 3rd brake light glow with the tail lights on aswell???????????????

they do look good tho, better than oe, and imo, better than lexus style against the red.

Lexus/smoked lights suit some colours better than others

aphix

Sep 5, 2005
Camberley, Surrey
oh and j@ames warned about dopping the nuts inside the wing... i didnt drop the nuts.. i managed to loose the whole rachet :redface: but luckily if you pull back the carpet theres a big bit of foam.. that you can take out and get things back

aphix

Sep 5, 2005
Camberley, Surrey
Vicky M said:
does your 3rd brake light glow with the tail lights on aswell???????????????

Yeah it does.. not really bight though.. the pictures make it out to be worse than it is.. i think its cool.. but i will get my electrical guy at work to fix it with a resistor.

blon1.jpg

blon2.jpg

yeah, does look a bit cool.
Don't know where it stands legally tho :(

i had to take the LED rears out of the Ibiza, coz the lack of resistance from the LED's was telling the ECU that there were no brake lights :wtf: therefore cutting power and flashing the ECR light on the dash. Bulbs back to stock and problem solved :)

J@mes hasn't had that problem on his LCR :)

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
aphix... lol at u dropping the rachet inside the wing of the car! i also did that but i had my special tool to get it out! ;) :D

if ur "electrical guy at work" fixes ur prob LET ME KNOW! (please!) lol

iv tried resistors and diodes and no luck! :( (maybe i wierd them up wrong?! lol)

tell him that if u plug one standard bulb holder back in (whith a brake bulb in) then it stops the glowing problem! :blink:

as for the lights looking bigger... i dissagree!

but like urself i love the look of them because they modernise the leons rear end no end!

lastly... i hope no one else buys these lights! [:@] ;)

Last edited:

aphix

Sep 5, 2005
Camberley, Surrey
agree :D

i dont think im gonna get a chance to have word with him till tuesday, hes out the office tomorrow.. i think. He used to design TV's and stuff for Sony and hes can pretty much do anything.. be fairly suprised if he cant work this out..

i did mention the problem to him today and i said people have cured it with resitors.. he did question it. as they shouldnt be on the same circuit.

I think its just the look a bit differnt, theres more depth to them than the standard ones.. put some of those bluey clear indictor bulbs in thinking they wouod look good.. they looked awful, trying to track down some chrome effect bulbs like yours, think they look stunning.

I called the guy you told me about at RAID UK.. could never get through to him.. always ended up with a guy who told me he was out.. and he was only the mechanic .. nevermind :)

THey do look fantastic, really happy with them.

ill let u know as soon as i have any news or information... have you tried anything that helped? or do the resitors and diodes not help?

Cheers
Rob

Mitchy

TTRS
Oct 12, 2004
Aphix.....You still got your standard lights then?

Would you be willing to sell them?

I changed my rear lights to a smoked colour, put my originals in the garage and now they are not there!:shrug: Think my missus has binned them:censored: Im thinking about going back to the standard look so need a set of originals:)

aphix

Sep 5, 2005
Camberley, Surrey
hey mitchy, yeah ive got them. the only problem is that on one side the plastic has been damaged. i had someone use a machine polisher a while ago and they ran over onto the light...probably drunk or something.. just appears as slight white scuffs.

Let me hang onto them just for a bit until i get this glowing brake light sorted, just in case the coppers pull me over and tell me to get it sorted.

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
my rear indicator bulbs are the standard LCR front ones... philip silver tecs!

and i put the osram diadems in the front which imho look wicked!

but like u say they dont work in the rear!

the resistors/diodes did nout for me! :(

Sketch

aphix said:
Evening,

Been wanting to fit the RAID LED Rear lights to my leon for a while now, just havent had the money to shell out for them.. anyway got a bargain on ebay so grabbed them.

I know J@mes fitted them on his black LCR and they looked stunning. Hadnt seen them on any other colour so thought id post the pictures, cos i know that sometimes lights look completley differnt on differnt colours.

I raelly like them, they modernise the back of the leon up really well.

The only thing i would say is that ive always felt the rear lights are a little on the large size, these seem to highlight that even more from some angels.. does anyone else find that?

Rob

on.jpg

and off

off.jpg

Very nice mate :)

Mr Roboto

Domo Arigato
Mar 14, 2005
Sussex
Vicky M said:
yeah, does look a bit cool.
Don't know where it stands legally tho :(

i had to take the LED rears out of the Ibiza, coz the lack of resistance from the LED's was telling the ECU that there were no brake lights :wtf: therefore cutting power and flashing the ECR light on the dash. Bulbs back to stock and problem solved :)

J@mes hasn't had that problem on his LCR :)

Had the same problem with my ULTRA black LED rear lights.

Sent them back for a full refund

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
yea i sorted the problem out with a resistor and yes the pics should still be up in the thread i originally did!

do a search under threads started by me! ;)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise