'Rattie' 1927 Model T Roadster

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
just a big up too for http://www.emachineshop.com/

they do a free cad software download ;) that although is USA based for supply is very handy for testing out idea's and designs

is a little awkward to use at first but amazing tool once you do but i found the 1:1 (lifesize) view really useful to print paper templates for testing on cardboard + marking out

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
quickie update

Not been taking many pics as Fotopic has some sort of legal goings on meaning i can't post to my blog but i have many backups anyway so no worries and as a bonus the last few days the kids AND the mrs have commented how it's looking more 'like a car' which i hope is a compliment and not a subtle hint it's time it went ??

aaaaanyway been playing with the bodywork to help line up heights and stuff so i have a starting point

64%20011.JPG

after scrapping the saxo mounts for the tie bars i went with a rose joint instead

64%20013.JPG

treated myself (had vouchers for a bonus) to one of those soniccrafter cutter tool things at local argos (£25 in Netto if ya local)

64%20015.JPG

and after cutting slots for the drivshafts in the body etc i got carried away with my new toy and we finally do have or will have now at least some opening doors :redface::headhurt:

64%20020.JPG

my fave pic today

64%20027.JPG

pics now all moved to Live Drive http://cid-e141d1b4ea3c4a08.photos.live.com/albums.aspx

Last edited:

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
I have options for 2" higher all round but more tempting up to 6" lower also

all options will eventually be 'bump tested' at the cliff face we have as a speedbump at the end of our road

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
cheers andy

i think the permissions were set wrong ?

any better ?

Last edited:

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
Yes Yes Yes I know it's been a while :) but with everything going on here I haven't had chance to get an update posted

Firstly last time I cut my boot out - made it easier to get at the rear end at least and will have 'some' storage - lol

65%20018.JPG
65%20023.JPG

Originally the tie rod's sit on top this became an issue when I lowered the front down a touch so I grabbed a pair of these
_cfimg-1640962205993366531.jpg

They have a taper inside to match the tie rods so I drilled out the hubs today then pressed in and welded the new bushes the other way up

level's off the steering a lot nicer now

66%20005.JPG
66%20015.JPG

next job now is to make the steering mounted solid now it's all lined up

66%20010.JPG
66%20009.JPG

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
quick update as i actually managed to do summat to it this week

needed access for an old man with a bad back so I grabbed the plaster saw and cut the body in half :)

A lot easier to setup a steering/dash mount when the dash is up the other way :)

I have added brackets to the lower chassis too to mount the front too and to start the internal frame for doors 'n' crap etc.

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.