Rattling noise coming from dashboard (virtual Cockpit) and reading light

hamst

Jun 5, 2020
Hi Atecians,

I have a very annoying rattling sound coming from the dashboard.If I rest my finger on it it goes away, but obviously I can't keep on doing that all ride.

Also my front reading lights button does not do anything, however the light works perfectly with the when the doors are open or when I stop the car.

Does anyone have the same problem? any solution?

Thanks

Tell

Staff member
First one. Earlier Ateca's use to get noises from the dash but more connected with little boxes that were not tethered down or dropped off their anchor point so the story goes. I had one clonk once when something fell behind the dash but has never happened again. Don't get creaks and groans from the dash that some people report. Feels like yours is more to do with a tight joint. Might settle down.

Light could be the wiring or operator error on those switches. I'd read the manual again. The buttons can be confusing as to what they do up there. All on switch and individual switch on each map reading light. Have to hit the right one which is tricky in the dark.

Reactions: hamst

hamst

Jun 5, 2020
First one. Earlier Ateca's use to get noises from the dash but more connected with little boxes that were not tethered down or dropped off their anchor point so the story goes. I had one clonk once when something fell behind the dash but has never happened again. Don't get creaks and groans from the dash that some people report. Feels like yours is more to do with a tight joint. Might settle down.

Light could be the wiring or operator error on those switches. I'd read the manual again. The buttons can be confusing as to what they do up there. All on switch and individual switch on each map reading light. Have to hit the right one which is tricky in the dark.

Thanks for your reassurance about the noise, the car is only 12 000 KM so fairly new, hopefully this sound will disappear soon.

For the light I have no clue what's going on, so theres a video about the situation

Tell

Staff member
It doesn't look right. I have a panoramic roof so my switch work is different since that's part of the roof. Let other people comment who have similar.

If you can get it to a dealer that could be the best solution if something has been left disconnected when assembled. My heated wing mirror plug was never plugged in correctly so didn't work. Needed a stronger push to clip it in. You might have something similar with the cables that go into the switch work in the roof.

hamst

Jun 5, 2020
It doesn't look right. I have a panoramic roof so my switch work is different since that's part of the roof. Let other people comment who have similar.

If you can get it to a dealer that could be the best solution if something has been left disconnected when assembled. My heated wing mirror plug was never plugged in correctly so didn't work. Needed a stronger push to clip it in. You might have something similar with the cables that go into the switch work in the roof.

I just squezed a piece of foam under the dash and no more sound.

However for the interior light, do you have any instructions on how to do it my myself? Its a hassle to find an appointment at the dealer

Reactions: Tell

Tell

Staff member
I just squezed a piece of foam under the dash and no more sound.

However for the interior light, do you have any instructions on how to do it my myself? Its a hassle to find an appointment at the dealer

If the like connection is really pulled out you wouldn't want to do that yourself. Going back to what you asked initially you have if it's like mine which it isn't you one main switch in the roof that put everything off so you can open the doors without lights and the rest should work correctly. Feels like a build issue where a plug hasn't been clipped all the way down. I'd leave it for the dealer to fault find.

hamst

Jun 5, 2020
If the like connection is really pulled out you wouldn't want to do that yourself. Going back to what you asked initially you have if it's like mine which it isn't you one main switch in the roof that put everything off so you can open the doors without lights and the rest should work correctly. Feels like a build issue where a plug hasn't been clipped all the way down. I'd leave it for the dealer to fault find.

Agreed. I think its not worth it if its under warranty anyways.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.