Rcd510 in 2007

Clossie

Jun 9, 2014
Will this fit or will I need vag code update etc. I've been looking for a while, not that bothered with the rns's but I like the look of this. Does anybody know if it will fit and integrate with my steering controls off the bat or am I going to need to muck about with wiring etc

Tiago_EO

Oct 2, 2013
I have a Leon from september 2007 with larga MDF and bluetooth. I have installed a rcd510.

The radio was from a VW Passat and when i select the option to reset radio configurations it auto swap the boot screen to SEAT media system. The steering controls work without configure anything.

No battery drain.

Sorry for my bad english. Im portuguese ;)

J400uk

Jan 7, 2010
London, UK
It depends when in 2007 it was built as this was when they changed over. Check the VIN and see if the 10th digit is a 7 or 8, designating whether it's a 2007 or 2008 spec Leon. Alternatively if you have access to VCDS you could run a scan and check the model number of the CAN Gateway module to see if it's one of the newer editions.

Clossie

Jun 9, 2014
It's a 7. So I guess I need to upgrade the canbus. Would I have to do this with non oem headunits also, or just the rcd/rns units?