rear brake conversion

geddi

Hi. Ive recently bought 1998 cordoba sx 1.6 model. Car is perfect just have issue with brakes. It doesnt feel that solid strong braking. i read that some moders upgrade rear drum brakes into discs. could anyone point me to the right direction or link where i could find what exact parts needed and from which model. any help and info is apreciated.

Pimped up vario

Cordy Cruizer
Nov 20, 2009
Belfast N Ireland
Lildoss has a rear discs conversion done on his car, have a jook at it. I wouldn't have thought you'd need it with a 1.6 litre. I have 280 mm discs on the front and standard drums on the rear and find it to be more than adequate. The fronts were always the weak point on my car. Check yours are in good condition and save yourself a bit of dough.

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
Yeh my cordy brakes were pretty mental even with the rear drums. But if you do want the discs then just swap the rear axle for the Mk2/3 ibiza cupra/gti.

geddi

Thanx for advice I wil try to source rear axle its probably gona be cheaper than doing big brake discs on the front.

Lil_DosS

Btw it's possible that the rear disc conversion is better than the oem rear disc beam cause we got the brake repartitor for drums and I believe that drums brake harder than rear discs

Rear disc came cause they got more stability control during huge braking

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise