Rear door outer handle issue

ian_106

Jul 14, 2007
Hi while redoing the door seals I seem to have buggered up the rear outer door handle & inside guide bar.

2luvryu.jpg

I cant get the handle to fit flush with the door something inside to door is stopping it but I cant see what.

14m76g5.jpg

Also this wire wont stay in place think I will need to glue it once the handle issue is fixed.

10xbuhx.jpg

Is this guide bar needed ?? as its come off again...…..

Thanks for any help or links to fixing these issues.

JBRADY95

Jan 8, 2018
York
As for the outer handle, you need to clip that bit of plastic thats on the end of the metal cable, clip that back into the groove shape in the handle. Then take the little "block" that slides into the that big gap next to the handle. Once youve done that, on the inside of the door theres a small hole, through the small hole is a T20 torx. You'll need a long reach T20, screw that in and as you screw it in, the handle will "snap" back in and sit flush as youre wanting.
The "guide bar" is also needed yes

SteveWM

Jul 12, 2016
West Midalnds
You’ve pulled the handle without fitting the fake lock bit back in and tightening the TORX bolt. It pulls the handle catch in front of the bit that releases the lock mechanism.

Hard to explain but you probably haven’t broken anything, just need to prize the two bits back into the right order.

I’ve got a spare handle somewhere, I’ll try and take a picture to show you which bit I mean.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ian_106

Jul 14, 2007
Thank you both for your reply's & I know what your saying, but the main issue is that the handle wont fully go back into place.
If you put the plastic bit at the end of the wire in the groove & refit the left side of the handle the door will open once and then the little bit comes out, & yes I am doing up the torx screw after... but I still need to sort the handle before fitting the wire with plastic bit attached :)

Thanks.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members