Rear drivers door will not unlock

Nov 26, 2020
There are lots of fixes for lock problems but I cannot get the door to open to get to the lock module.
Remmote, outside door handle and inside handle do nothing.
I've taken the interior door panel off but there is nothing loose and nothing to pull or push that will release it

jcbmally

Started with nowt and still have most of it left.
Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
There are lots of fixes for lock problems but I cannot get the door to open to get to the lock module.
Remmote, outside door handle and inside handle do nothing.
I've taken the interior door panel off but there is nothing loose and nothing to pull or push that will release it
From memory on my 2013 Leon, if you have the panel off you should be able to see a control unit that actuates the mechanism, locate that unit (wires coming off it) and it will be connected to a bar/latch.

Nov 26, 2020
Thanks,
I have the unit in my sights and have had a mini cam all round it. There are only two cable levers but neither will move.
I've looked at all the photos and Youtube articles and it seems that if the deadlock is actuated there is no way of unlocking.
Can't see how to release the deadlock if it's stuck internally.
The door latch mechanism is buried in the module which I can't get off. I'm well stumped but this can't be the first time this problem has occurred

DuBDuDe

Aug 8, 2010
Somewhere in London
Can you hear it trying to unlock? Same thing happened to my front passenger door. It's the actuator that's seized. You can buy a new lock mechanism or do what i did which is drill a tiny hole through the platic casing at the top of the lock mechanism and spray pentrating oil in there. Leave it half hour for a good soak and 90% chance it'll start working again. My driver side rear door does the same but i haven't gotten round to doing it yet. When it's wet and cold it never unlocks however i can open it from the interior handle, which shows there is nothing wrong with the moving parts themselves. Just the actuator can't 'actuate'.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise