Rear Handling

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
I'm sure this is on Google, but do you know the torque spec off the top of your head?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thai-wronghorse

Self proclaimed Cupra R addict & butcher!
Dec 3, 2015
Kent
I think it's 80nm?
4505f55f29d4f93e075d167d96647396.jpg

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Reactions: iammooks

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
Take it it’s going well then

Oh, I'm not going to be doing it for a couple of weeks yet. Going to visit the parents and use their driveway. Got to do some other work at the time too, so I'm making a list and doing everything at once. Master cylinder refurb and refit, brake and clutch bleed, axle beam bushes, dogbone bush, Mr Muscle turbo vanes, sand and 2K lacquer the rear bumper, repair and lacquer the front bumper, respray the bare metal on the top of the bonnet, and... I think that's it...

Now to make a homemade bearing press. I think the bolts are M12, so will get a threaded bar around that size, couple of nuts and some billet and hope that will work.

Sl1ced

Oct 10, 2020
Oh, I'm not going to be doing it for a couple of weeks yet. Going to visit the parents and use their driveway. Got to do some other work at the time too, so I'm making a list and doing everything at once. Master cylinder refurb and refit, brake and clutch bleed, axle beam bushes, dogbone bush, Mr Muscle turbo vanes, sand and 2K lacquer the rear bumper, repair and lacquer the front bumper, respray the bare metal on the top of the bonnet, and... I think that's it...

Now to make a homemade bearing press. I think the bolts are M12, so will get a threaded bar around that size, couple of nuts and some billet and hope that will work.

I too have some paint issues . Your list is like mine. Growing by the day haha good luck mate

Reactions: iammooks

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
And last night I went to bed with talk of a second lockdown ringing in my ears, so it looks like the trip to my parents' house (100 miles away) isn't going to happen, so it might have to be a roadside thing.

For my homemade tool, I'm having trouble finding the right material to do the actual pressing. I was thinking an 80mm diameter piece of round aluminium billet, maybe 10mm thickness, that I could drill a hole in and stick a bit of 300mm allthread bar with all the usual nuts and washers on it, but I'm drawing a blank on the billet.

@Thai-wronghorse - I've found that Asta tool direct from them on eBay for about £26. Does it work on any other bushings? It's one of those times where I know the proper tool would make life easier, but there are times I hate having something that only does one thing and you only have to do it once.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.