Rear Parking Sensors

tak-fr

Dec 3, 2017
Hello all,
I’ve noticed some Ibiza’s have the flush parking sensors whereas some do not. Is this something the dealer fits on to take to pressure of the manufacturers?

Can a buyer also request if they want flush or not; if that’s the case?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
There is no need for any dealer to fit any parking sensors that do not look exactly the same as factory fit ones, in UK SEAT dealerships should all be offering the latest version of Vodaphone kits which used to be branded Cobra, and there is a version of kits that has sensors that look exactly the same as factory fit - though none of them will integrate into the car's system in the same way as the factory fitted ones will, that would just cost too much in labour charges.

Reactions: tak-fr

tak-fr

Dec 3, 2017
There is no need for any dealer to fit any parking sensors that do not look exactly the same as factory fit ones, in UK SEAT dealerships should all be offering the latest version of Vodaphone kits which used to be branded Cobra, and there is a version of kits that has sensors that look exactly the same as factory fit - though none of them will integrate into the car's system in the same way as the factory fitted ones will, that would just cost too much in labour charges.

I was saying this because my aunts has the ones that aren’t flush then I was behind a 67 plate Ibiza not sure if it was Xcellence or not but they were flush. I just hope mine are flush from a cosmetic point of view.

vc-10

Mar 29, 2016
If they're factory fitted then they're flush. If it's an aftermarket system, not necessarily fitted by a Seat dealership, then it might not be flush.

Reactions: tak-fr

tak-fr

Dec 3, 2017
If they're factory fitted then they're flush. If it's an aftermarket system, not necessarily fitted by a Seat dealership, then it might not be flush.

Thanks for the reply
My aunts are not flush and she chose this as an option hmm

vc-10

Mar 29, 2016
It might have been a dealer fit accessory system. My car has factory sensors and they're all flush. If there was a car to her spec available but without the sensors then the dealership might have just fitted them.

tak-fr

Dec 3, 2017
It might have been a dealer fit accessory system. My car has factory sensors and they're all flush. If there was a car to her spec available but without the sensors then the dealership might have just fitted them.

Thinking of it now it was an in stock vehicle which they informed her a few days after order so this may have been the case

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

May 26, 2020
Turkey
I searched on the internet as the original type of parking sensor, and I came across these sensors. I bought it from my own country, if you can't find it, you can buy it from China. I painted it first and then assembled it myself. I advise :)

Reactions: Woody_72

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Good job, if you were really fussy you might have ordered in black or grey seals in place of the supplied white ones to try to "lose" the contrast in colour between your car's blue and the colour of the seals, but maybe the flash light of your phone is making that look worse than it is, Audi at least offer 2 or 3 different colours for these seals, VW only seem to offer one colour which is probably black which is why I am commenting as my wife's VW Polo is silver and these seals could have been a better colour when fitted at the factory!

May 26, 2020
Turkey
Thanks, the flash light has effect. I took the paint as a spray, I painted it myself. I wish the car had the original parking sensor :)

Jun 8, 2020
I searched on the internet as the original type of parking sensor, and I came across these sensors. I bought it from my own country, if you can't find it, you can buy it from China. I painted it first and then assembled it myself. I advise :)

Hey would you be able to share the name or model of the parking sensor please? I am planning to replace my front one

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.