Rear seat rattle

Miller888

Jun 6, 2022
Hi all,

I have noticed a rattle from the back seat, drivers side.

When the seat is down there is no noise so I think it’s coming from the seat catch to lock it back in place. After speaking to a dealership, they said they would not cover adjustments as this is not a fault as it all works.

Anyone else had the same issue?

Thanks

Si

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
Hi all,

I have noticed a rattle from the back seat, drivers side.

When the seat is down there is no noise so I think it’s coming from the seat catch to lock it back in place. After speaking to a dealership, they said they would not cover adjustments as this is not a fault as it all works.

Anyone else had the same issue?

Thanks

Si
Tell them to **** off. It's not an "adjustment", it's fixing something that isn't as per the design.

Reactions: Miller888

Miller888

Jun 6, 2022
Tunbridge Wells. They have been excellent with everything else though.

I found where the rattle came from in the end, which was the catch for the seat, the mechanism inside the seat hitting metal link. Put some masking tape around it and no more noise.

Thanks for your replies

Reactions: Leon097

Leon097

Jun 13, 2021
The Netherlands
Tunbridge Wells. They have been excellent with everything else though.

I found where the rattle came from in the end, which was the catch for the seat, the mechanism inside the seat hitting metal link. Put some masking tape around it and no more noise.

Thanks for your replies

I have this rattle as well on my Cupra ST, not sure if it’s coming from the driver side, but I’m sure it’s coming from the rear seat. Did you remove the seat? I want to put some deadening as well so would like to know if the process of lifting the seat (Alcantara) is the same as on other topics on the forum.

Miller888

Jun 6, 2022
I have this rattle as well on my Cupra ST, not sure if it’s coming from the driver side, but I’m sure it’s coming from the rear seat. Did you remove the seat? I want to put some deadening as well so would like to know if the process of lifting the seat (Alcantara) is the same as on other topics on the forum.
Didn’t remove the seat, just folded them down. I found it was the the hook inside the mechanism, which if I prodded made the same noise so taped the metal catch it locked into which seemed to have prevented movement. Seat still folds fine and locks back into place

Reactions: RichardTaylor

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members