Rear washer squirting under drivers dashboard

cupraste2015

Sep 28, 2015
Hello all.
I'm hoping someone on here can help me....
I have a 2015 Cupra ST which has started squirting water under the drivers side dashboard instead of on the rear window.
I can see where the water is squirting from,but can not actually see the water pipe.
I am told it is a dashboard out job,and Seat give a guide of between £500-£1000 pound to fix.
So,I think that is bit of a joke,so it's either....
A....don't use it,try to find fuse for rear washer and remove it
B....somehow put a new pipe in with easier access for future fails
C....part with the cash....
Has anyone else had this, doesn't have to be a Cupra,I'm sure all Leon models from 2015ish are the same set up.
Many thanks in advance.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
I can see that option C will be the dealer's choice, yum yum, lots of money coming in, but option B must be the DIYer's choice - what have VW Group or maybe only SEAT done to cause this!?

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
I'm sure I've seen something mentioned elsewhere on this forum about this happening, think the car was almost new at the time.
I believe the offending item is a join in the pipe located in the left hand footwell/A post location and if left to continue leaking it will affect the electrical connections located there.
Just noticed that the OP stated it was leaking on drivers side, is the washer bottle on the drivers side on a Cupra? I'm also thinking that the pipe goes up the 'A' post and along the roof to the tailgate washer jet.

Last edited:

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Yes, well the washer bottle on my daughter's May 2019 Cupra is on the RHS of the car, I know this as I refilled her washer fluid up for her today - and suggested that she looked under the bonnet once a week!

Reactions: Walone

Hawkers

Nov 7, 2015
Norwich, UK
Washer bottle is passenger side. Check under the bonnet for pipes going across the car from the passenger footwell.

cupraste2015

Sep 28, 2015
Washer bottle is passenger side. Check under the bonnet for pipes going across the car from the passenger footwell.
The washer bottle is located on the drivers side on my Cupra,it's kinda moulded into the wheel arch with the neck poking up for filling,models must be different,but ta for replying...

Reactions: Norbert and RUM4MO

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
The washer bottle is located on the drivers side on my Cupra,it's kinda moulded into the wheel arch with the neck poking up for filling,models must be different,but ta for replying...

The location changes depending on the gearbox for the Cupra.

RHD cars
Manual gearbox Cupra has the washer bottle on the nearside ( passenger ) side of the car.
DSG Cupra has the bottle on the offside ( drivers ) side of the car.

Reactions: RUM4MO

LR231998

Alor Blue 290 Cupra
Jan 21, 2019
If I was you I’d just not use it. I have never used mine. In fact a lot of people take the rear wiper off altogether.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise