Rear wiper Exeo ST

davidlesley

May 20, 2017
Hi
Rear wiper working incorrectly. Switches on with ignition (every time) and after a few sweeps stops randomly- ie NOT PARKING CORRECTLY
Normally when switch is pushed away from steering wheel( 1st position) its an intermittent wipe. Not now. Pushing further activates water jet...this still works.
Have REPLACED wiper motor......so this has made no difference....so have sadly wasted about £100.00 .....Same symptoms as with original motor....

Any idea where to go from here??? Switches?? Relays????

I'd be grateful for any advice/help.
Thank-you, DC

S70DGE

Feb 15, 2011
Halifax west Yorkshire
When its sweeps across the screen does it stutter then eventually stop?if so i had the same issue with mine turned out to be the rear wiper motor i changed that and its been right ever since i paid around £100 for a new one from SEAT that were at least 2+ year ago not had an issue since

davidlesley

May 20, 2017
No, the motion is smooth. It’s the fact that even when the switch is in the “off” position, the rear wiper wipes when the ignition is turned on...wipes 4 or 5 times, then stops in a random position- ie not parked as normal.
I’ve already fitted a new motor..... so it’s not that!

davidlesley

May 20, 2017
Does anyone know what the relays in the panel below the steering column control?
Mine has two “645” and two “373”.
Anywhere to look up what controls what?
Thanks

Number 1 Plates banner with a number plate graphic