rear wiper fix leon 2016

Eddiedunn12

Nov 6, 2020
my 2016 leon fr estate has lost its power to the rear wiper, is there an easy fix to this please? my boot open sensor came on, after a quick search i noticed this would be my rear wiper.

any help would be apprecited.

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
The wiper won't work if the boot is open, you need to find the cause of the boot showing open. I did have this once and had to slam the lid shut a couple of times and it's been ok since.

Eddiedunn12

Nov 6, 2020
The wiper won't work if the boot is open, you need to find the cause of the boot showing open. I did have this once and had to slam the lid shut a couple of times and it's been ok since.
where or how can i find the boot sensor? or will it be a fuse somewhere?
thanks

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
where or how can i find the boot sensor? or will it be a fuse somewhere?
thanks
I doubt if a fuse will be the culprit, the 'sensor' is probably part of the boot latch mechanism. With the boot lid fully shut pull down a rear seat back or release the luggage cover (ST) and look to see if the light in the boot is on all the time, I think it will go out automatically after a short time anyway as the electrics are 'put to sleep' to stop the battery discharging.

Reactions: Eddiedunn12

Eddiedunn12

Nov 6, 2020
I doubt if a fuse will be the culprit, the 'sensor' is probably part of the boot latch mechanism. With the boot lid fully shut pull down a rear seat back or release the luggage cover (ST) and look to see if the light in the boot is on all the time, I think it will go out automatically after a short time anyway as the electrics are 'put to sleep' to stop the battery discharging.
The wipers are now working but the sensor is still an issue. I’ll check tomorrow on your tip and let you know if I find anything

thanks

Reactions: Walone

Eddiedunn12

Nov 6, 2020
Are you saying that the indicator on the dash is showing the boot is still open, but the wiper is now working?
Yes, wipers weren’t working originally, now they are.
Now it’s just the boot sensor still says open!!
I’ve read a few things on here to say take off the latch and clean it, so going to try that and also clean the rear washer pipes. Other than that I’m stuck!
many other suggestions?

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
Yes, wipers weren’t working originally, now they are.
Now it’s just the boot sensor still says open!!
I’ve read a few things on here to say take off the latch and clean it, so going to try that and also clean the rear washer pipes. Other than that I’m stuck!
many other suggestions?
It maybe that the 'error' is stored and will need clearing with OBDeleven or VCDS, but I've not heard of that happening. It's strange that the wiper is now working with the warning light on.

Eddiedunn12

Nov 6, 2020
77888195-072D-4A51-9B6E-671F74B5773D.jpeg

I’ve took the boot apart this morning, sat with the engine on whilst sitting it and playing around with connections. Looks like it’s this connection which is the boot lock itself! Going to order a new boot lock, hopefully that’s fixed it. Took all the lock off and cleaned it too!

Reactions: Walone
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.