Recommendations for reliable trye fitters in the Bedford area?

Bullet

Mar 1, 2019
Bedfordshire
My long-time tyre fitter has left the tyre place I have used for years, a real shame as he always took good care of my wheels etc and I knew I could trust him to do a good job. Any recommendations for a good place to go would be much appreciated, preferably south of Bedford if possible. Thanks.

PS: I can spell really!

The Daily Meme

Insta: @thatredcupra
Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
I'm no where near bedford but, have you tried looking on black circles?

I started using them a couple years ago and was suprised to find there was a very good, local, independent tyre fitting company in the next village over from mine.

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
I also used a local independent tyre company that was a Black Circles fitting centre. I picked them because they used touchless / leverless tyre changing equipment as I wanted to minimise the risk of damage to my alloys.

They asked me if you wanted to watch while they fitted my tyres. They were very good, took their time and did a first class job.

eltawater

Full and wholesome member
May 1, 2008
I'm from the area and I've had good experiences with Just Tyres, Kwik fit mobile and instore (yes, really) and even Costco over in Milton Keynes.

HIQ royally screwed up the balancing of my black circles booked tyres, had really bad vibrations. Couldn't trust HiQ to fix it so took it to Just Tyres on the Ampthill road and they showed me just how bad it was balanced.

I've been back to kwikfit a few times due to the good pricing which Just Tyres couldn't match and they've done a good job.

Won't go near F1 autos again after they made my wife wait 2 hours for a diagnostics check then had the nerve to ask where the OBD port was.

Reactions: The Daily Meme

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Costco MK knackered my locking wheel bolts on the Porshche. I've had a mobile fitter out today (man in a van) to the Leon daily he did a good job. C&J mobile tyres think they were called, Bedford based I think.