Refitting cupra front bumper

Dozer360

mk1 Seat Leon 20v T
Jun 1, 2010
southampton
Does anyone know an easy way to refit a front bumper on a mk1 cupra (Not R)?
Im sure im missing something but its catching the :censored: lights when I try and slide the bumper back on.

Thanks

SilverDaz

Feb 6, 2015
I take it that you're refitting the bumper, or is are you upgrading from standard.

The reason I ask is that the side guides are different on the LCR bumpers.

I have just fitted LCR bumpers on my Leon, they can be a bit fiddly to slide home, but as the other chap said, if you remove the 2 top headlight bolts it makes the job easier.

You need to pull the bumper back towards the lights until it is flush to the wings then it should slide home easily. A bit of WD40 on the guides would make things a bit easier as well. HTH.

Dozer360

mk1 Seat Leon 20v T
Jun 1, 2010
southampton
Nope, I'm putting the front back together after a crash, I've changed the slam panel, the crash bar, bonnet, bonnet lock and 2 headlights.

So its even more frustrating that I can't get the bloody bumper back on.

Last edited:

Bouncerbeater

Old enough to know better
Mar 15, 2013
Gloucestershire
I must admit that when I did my FMIC the bumper refit was the worst bit. I just kept manipulating it and it finally slotted home. Brute force and ignorance was the order of the day.

scott180

Aug 13, 2014
portsmouth
They are a paint to get back on. I had to line up the lugs on the sides and get a mate to shove each side in as I held it.

leoncupra2012

Mar 7, 2012
Are they not the same as the MK4 golf? I usually get someone to hold one side i take the other, sit it in position on the slotted bits on the side of the wing and push it on and hold it there while assisstant does the other side.

leoncupra2012

Mar 7, 2012
having this trouble with mine after fmic install.. gonna try do the bottom headlight bolts from underneath and ut the headlights on last

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.