Registration

andrew_ww

Nov 15, 2007
Hi,

How do garages register cars? If I order now I guess I am looking at 3 months delivery, does that mean I will get a 13 or 63 plate?

Any insight appreciated?

G.P

Sep 3, 2011
Worcestershire
That's your decision, unless at the time of ordering you get a deal that states it must be registered before 31st Aug.

rooty

They'll generally register it the day or day before pick up. Tax it too. Have to say I was pleasantly surprised they'd taxed our new car for 12 months rather than 6, then I noticed it was free!

rooty

Our dealer was quite happy to sit on ours for about 10 days - my wife's not big into her cars, I'd have been down there the next day!

Rikwaite

Hi

When we were due to pick up our. The dealer gave us the details to organise free 5 day insurance. So they could tax the car and register the car. It was done a couple of days before we could pick it up.

Hope this helps

Rik

Starbucks78

Oct 7, 2009
I had similar, except I was given 7 days complimentary insurance and arranged it all over the phone to commence delivery day. Its only a week but takes the stress out of things. By the end of that week all the insurance companies also had the car reg logged into the national database so my vehicle details pulled through automatically!

rooty

I advised the change of car from a gutless Pug 207 95bhp to the Leon and the insurance has gone down - bonus!

Adamzork

I got my car in 11 days from ordering model colour and extras I wanted

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.