Remap (I KNOW) Cupra 290

Stubaloo

Oct 15, 2016
After an 11th hour think i cancelled my order on the JB1. I'll wait until the car is out of warranty before going down the more power route just incase something does go pear shaped on the car at least i'll know it will be fixed no questions asked.
Was a tough decision but hopefully the right one....just 2 years to wait now........

I'm haveing a long think also and driveing in wet conditions is making me think not to bother
As traction is lost even in 3rd at 70 mph plus . Hmmm??

bretth1974

May 3, 2015
I'm haveing a long think also and driveing in wet conditions is making me think not to bother
Stick on super sports and you'll be fine.... Although that's another £300+ to worry about lol.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

NotApplicable

Newbie....at my age?????
Mar 26, 2016
Somerset

What bretth1974 said.

I had the same concern when on Conti 5sp tyres. Changed to SuperSports and it went away. You will need to learn a bit of subtlety with your right foot, but when you do, you won't regret the power upgrade

Stubaloo

Oct 15, 2016
What bretth1974 said.

I had the same concern when on Conti 5sp tyres. Changed to SuperSports and it went away. You will need to learn a bit of subtlety with your right foot, but when you do, you won't regret the power upgrade

Yes maybe the way forward you say £300 I'm guessing that's for the front 2 would that be ok or 4 ? Yes conti 5p on mine and if I'm feathering the throttle I'll get same power down as my caddy van . But great in dry .

lukeoslavia

Aug 8, 2016
has anybody else noticed the 290 drops out of cupra mode everytime you start it? it kinda tricks you into believing it's still there considering the red lighting and cupra mode being selected, but the engine seems to be in eco still, bit of a ball ache having to constantly turn it on everytime you restart the engine, i'm guessing it does it with stop start aswell..just me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

auds2

Jul 6, 2015
Not just you buddy. Every vag car ive had or driven has been the same

David Lea

Jun 18, 2020
has anyone had any experience with the TDI tuning chips? they say that they are warranty safe, but how can they be if the turbo goes bang, and the ecu is sent off for inspection..i'm pretty sure they're going to see the boost levels are off the charts, and the torque through the gearbox is going to be a big flashing warning..

I've had a tdi tuning box on my last two cars. BMW 320D & Merc E220D with no problems at all. The Merc even went and had an MOT at Mercedes and no problems. If you're going to get a box, I highly recommend them. I'll be getting one fitted to my new 290 as soon as I can.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members