Remapping questions

RichyH

Dec 20, 2015
Lincoln, UK
So i have the AMK Cupra R, i've already got the forge TIP, DV, Boost pipe, FMIC, a load of silicone hosing under the hood, upgraded brakes and the front lower engine dogbone ready to go on or already on.

My questions are

1. Do i need a stage 1 map before i go stage 2? Does it make any difference?

2. Do i need to do the N249 bypass? And the other bypass/delete whatever its called (sorry, so much to do, so little time)

3. And do i need anything else for stage 2? Uprated fuel pump, wider spraying injectors? Or are these stage 3 components

Any help is appreciated, sorry about 3 questions at once

TIA

Richy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
So i have the AMK Cupra R, i've already got the forge TIP, DV, Boost pipe, FMIC, a load of silicone hosing under the hood, upgraded brakes and the front lower engine dogbone ready to go on or already on.

My questions are

1. Do i need a stage 1 map before i go stage 2? Does it make any difference?

2. Do i need to do the N249 bypass? And the other bypass/delete whatever its called (sorry, so much to do, so little time)

3. And do i need anything else for stage 2? Uprated fuel pump, wider spraying injectors? Or are these stage 3 components

Any help is appreciated, sorry about 3 questions at once

TIA

Richy

From what I remember you need downpipe for stage 2.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

andycupra

status subject to change
you can go stage 1 then 2. but you will be paying twice.

no injectors or FPR required on the LCR.
downpipe is not absolutely necessary, but it will compromise the map significantly, so i would recommend this.
not the cheapest mod but one that gives a good performance improvement. ( you will also need to consider whether to get a sports cat or de-cat.
personally id go sports cat. but thats up to you, but consider MOT issues and so on.

N249 bypass is not required.
fuel pump not required either.

RichyH

Dec 20, 2015
Lincoln, UK
you can go stage 1 then 2. but you will be paying twice.

no injectors or FPR required on the LCR.
downpipe is not absolutely necessary, but it will compromise the map significantly, so i would recommend this.
not the cheapest mod but one that gives a good performance improvement. ( you will also need to consider whether to get a sports cat or de-cat.
personally id go sports cat. but thats up to you, but consider MOT issues and so on.

N249 bypass is not required.
fuel pump not required either.

So going straight to stage 2 won't lose me any horses?

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
So going straight to stage 2 won't lose me any horses?

As long as you have the mods needed to make stage 2 work to its full potential then you can just go straight there.....

A Stage 1 remap is just a map written to give slighty more power on an otherwise standard car.

A Stage 2 remap is the same process, the only difference being that the map is written to take advantage of having a bigger intercooler and bigger downpipe etc etc

Do yourself a favour and get someone recommended on here to map it for you... Stay well away from ebay type places. They will just be some crap files downloaded from china and will probably blow your engine up rather than improve it.

Last edited:

RichyH

Dec 20, 2015
Lincoln, UK
Different sources say different things are needed is the reason there's some confusion. I have everything but a downpipe, uprated fuel reg, uprated fuel pump, better injectors. All of which some say is needed, some it isnt for a stage 2, badger 5 Is probably the man isnt he! Bit of a trek for me mind, based in London isnt he? Worth it no doubt but fuel costs plus the premium parts will be an expensive day!

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
generic stage 2 or taking it somewhere where they tailor the map to your hardware...?
More mods, presuming hardwares ok, will enable the engine to produce more power, namely flow in and out and cooling...

RichyH

Dec 20, 2015
Lincoln, UK
generic stage 2 or taking it somewhere where they tailor the map to your hardware...?
More mods, presuming hardwares ok, will enable the engine to produce more power, namely flow in and out and cooling...

I pressume tailoring to the hardware is probably a better idea? Ive got the airtec fmic, forge boost pipe ready to go on to aid flow, so to work with these was my intention obviously. Just need a place who'll fit the stuff and map it up to compliment the car and who know what they are doing ideally! Save any engine lights or problems occurring post map

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.