Remote Window Closure / Opening with Vag Com

Pelos

Hello.
Don't know if this is a re-post or not. I tried to find in the forum a thread with this topic, and coulnd't find it.

It seems that with the VAg-com is possible to program the computer so with the original remot control, we can open and close windows of the car.
Here in Mexico, the Leon doesn't have this function from factory. Don't know if in the UK they do.

As well, I couldn't understand how to change or where to change the values. Does anybody has heard about this?

Here is the info.

This works for Golfs, but I heard it works for Jettas and Bora GLI. Cheers!
-------------------------------------------
1) Remote Window Closure / Opening

After leaving the car, press the 'lock' on the remote, and keep it held down (on)....the windows and sunroof will close (only whilst you hold the remote button)

Conversely, pressing the 'unlock' on the remote, and keeping it held down will open the windows (but not sunroof)
Release the remote when they are at desired position!

*this function may require enabling via vagcom programming (instructions below)
__________________________________________________ __

Vagcom programming instructions from syntrix:

I had to change bytes 06, 07, and 08

Many other options be done, but this is basically enabled for use with the remote:

open: windows down sunroof NOT open
close: windows up, sunroof CLOSE if it's open

06 from 28 to 08
07 from 1B to 3F
08 from 09 to 29

or in binary notation:
00101000 to 00001000 for byte 06
00011011 to 00111111 for byte 07
00001001 to 00101001 for byte 08

With more details:
Byte 06 Bit 5 Comfort function power windows/sunroof via remote control inactive || from 0 to 1
Byte 07 Bit 2 Comfort opening power windows via remote control active || from 0 to 1
Byte 07 Bit 5 Comfort closing power windows via remote control active || from 0 to 1
Byte 08 Bit 5 Comfort closing sunroof via remote control active || from 0 to 1

That's what worked for me, this may not work for you!! But here's the codings:

Original coding:
13900E880106281B0904050FB0080F0480A540

Enabling remote rollup/down. Sunroof only on close if it's open:
13900E880106083F2904050FB0080F0480A540
-----------------------------------------------

Chemical Al

Trollied Member
Apr 6, 2004
Craven Arms, Shropshire
stpete said:
Yep Auto window! I will be doing a generic guide to fitting soon but in meantime google Autowindow and have a look! Very good bit of kit and Scott is Very helpful! Fairly easy instal and great instructions!

whats wrong with this one?

i have tried the above or similar with vag com for a mk4 ibiza with very little sucsess do a search for total closure in the mk3 section and its in there somewhere

Pelos

stpete said:
Yep Auto window! I will be doing a generic guide to fitting soon but in meantime google Autowindow and have a look! Very good bit of kit and Scott is Very helpful! Fairly easy instal and great instructions!
I'm not getting you guys pretty well. What I am talking about, is getting to close or open windows and sunroof with the remote control by programming the ECU through VAG COM. Does anybody know if this works for SEAT? I think it works for Golfs.
I don't know how to try it with my Vag Com, I'm kind of noob with VAG Com.
Cheers

El_Indomable_

How to do it in Ibiza

Hello all:

I'm new to the forum, at least writing.

I've done it in my Ibiza, I can open and close the windows with the remote. First of all you need another program different from VAGCOM, it's called VDS_PRO (and VAGCOM is based on it) that lets you write the eeprom (download http://www.eserviceinfo.com/downloadsm/13489/_.html).

This program works under DOS (16 bit program, IT DOES NOT WORK IN THE WIN XP DOS EMU), so you'll need a boot diskette (i.e. win98 bootable diskette or cd). Boot from it and run the program. If it says not enough memory, edit vag.bat and replace checkmem 550 with checkmem 520.

You'll also need a serial OBDII interface. SERIAL. No drivers for USB in DOS, so SERIAL adapter.

Once the program is running it'll try to connect. Press Esc to abort. Alt+f and C to enter configuration. Second column, change to TRY (not FIXED). Close that window.

Press 46 to connect with the module itself (key in the ignition, engine stopped, as with VAGCOM). When connected press 11 to login, 19283.

Then read the memory and write down before changing anything, just in case... Function 26, read eeprom, memory positions 04361, 04362 and 04363.

The fun is coming, function 27, write eeprom. I had 10's in those memory positions. Replace all of them with 02.

Strange case, if not, jump paragraph. In case any of you have a number different than 10 and only in that case (haven't found an Ibiza that way yet) substract 8 to the number. In binary, 0000 1010-> 0000 0010. If xxxx 1xxx we want xxxx 0xxx. Sorry if I'm messing you...

You've replaced the memory, press Alt+x to close program. Shutdown laptop. Key out of the ignition. Deep breath. Windows down from inside the car. Get out, as if you had left them by mistake. Press lock button in the remote, and leave pressed until windows begin rolling up.

I hope it'll work for the majority of you. It worked for me (Ibiza 130cv, 2002 anniversary blue, well color don't really matter, I think :p ).

And, sorry for my english, I'm from Spain, by the way in spanish you can find more info about this mod in Leon and Ibiza. I think Polo and Fabia could work, don`t know. Google translate spanish->english maybe helps... :whistle:

Good luck to all.

Thanks to S2S and some people from the SeatLeon forum who, I think, did it first. Thanks to all of them.

Last edited by a moderator:

El_Indomable_

It seems nobody is interested in doing this mod... :(

Maybe all on holiday, I hope :shrug:

Chemical Al

Trollied Member
Apr 6, 2004
Craven Arms, Shropshire
I am, just have no serial plug on laptop and would need to do the dos thing.

got the cable and prog though

if anyone with a serial port and dos requirments wants to come and try it give me a shout

pickie

Jul 8, 2005
COOL, come on pll try this out, as it would be a great mod if it can be done

id try it but i dont have a laptop nor the cable :(

El_Indomable_

I've done some more research.

For those of you w/o sunroof, it's not necessary to change the 04363 memory position (I think it enables the remote closing of sunroof).

04361 and 04362 enable up and down windows (sorry, don't know "who is who").

And, pickie, it can be done on most of the Ibizas I know, 75% at least. Sorry for the 25% :-(

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise