Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Leda (1000yrs of savings to aford)

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Something else??

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters

prc

Sooty Meister
My Bilstein B8's are shot after 200Kkm. Was expecting a bit more as the koni I had on my old Ibiza did about the same mileage, but where still in good shape when I sold the car. So my dilema is what to replace them with as soon as funds permit. Coilovers would be nice, but expensive and my wheels are just too wide to run without spacers (18x8.5").

Saul

<b>SCN Admin</b>
May 21, 2001
wheels wont go over the brakes without spacers?

i run 18 x 8.5 on mine :)

what about KW?

prc

Sooty Meister
Saul said:
wheels wont go over the brakes without spacers?

i run 18 x 8.5 on mine :)

what about KW?

They fit the brakes fine, but run pretty close to the strut. I'd say there's about 1-1.5cm between rim protector on tyre and the stut. Thinking that the added diameter of the coil/spring shock would rub with tyre/rim???

The KW are nice, but tried the V2's on Miguel's Leon, and thought they where just too stiff of a ride for the roads in Portugal.
I expect to keep the toledo another 2-3yrs which would be around another 200-210Kkm..:whistle: :whistle: :whistle:
I always liked the car's manners with the Eibach/Bilstein B8's for the road, but under extreme canyon carving or trackdays though it was a bit substandard. So help really needed..

Saul

<b>SCN Admin</b>
May 21, 2001
mine are very close on stock susp, finger tips worth of room between wheel/tyre and strut

i road in wilkos golf iv with H&R coilovers and it was supreme for comfort and road holding (diff also done)

other than that, everything else is quite firm afaik untill you get to leda/ohlins money

prc

Sooty Meister
Problem with the Leda's is the £930+VAT price tag...:cry: :cry: Not sure I can justify the price...

Have not tried the H&R coils only KW V1&V2 and one of the FK kits. All jaw breaking harsh (especially the V2). Worried that another set of the bilsteins will blow before selling car down the road..

prc

Sooty Meister
Have taken the suspension out and apart. :(
2 rears and passenger side fronts are completely shot (full piston movement with almost 0 resistance). Strange thing is only one of the rears is losing oil, the other 2 show no signs of leaking.
I've got the Koni's on order but and still wondering about coilovers. Can anyone give me an idea of the overall diameter of a front coilover? Still got a couple of daysbefore the point of no return...:confused: :confused: :confused: :cry:

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise