Replacing the Reversing Lights with LED - Flashwolves / Mtech / Bogao

Tell

Staff member
Members of the German Atecaforum have been replacing the standard low light reversing bulbs with MHtech 1000 Lumens Extremely Bright LED Backup Reverse Bulbs CANBUS Error Free 921 912 T15 Chipsets W16W High Power 45pcs 4014 LED Bulbs for Backup Reverse Lights, 6000K Xenon White - back in January. They reported no cambus errors. So in January I found the UK imported version of these bulbs sold as Flashwolves, they are just badged up as Flashwolves and did the same upgrade. 45 element LED bulbs. Currently being badged as Bogao in the UK.

Replacement LED bulbs

European market

UK Flashwolves

Alternative branded name for UK Bogao (July 2020):

Aliexpress

(November 2019 - branding comes and goes any link that is not available best to search under 1000 Lumens Extremely Bright LED Backup Reverse Bulbs CANBUS Error Free 921 912 T15 Chipsets W16W High Power 45pcs 4014 LED Bulbs for Backup Reverse Lights, 6000K Xenon White - 45 SMB reversing is the key to find an alternative with 1000 lumens)

Easy enough to install except you need to make sure the bulb lead isn't trapped under the bracket else there will not be enough play to remove the bulb holder, replace the bulb and put back into place. If so loosen up the nut and pull the lead out. The access point to the bulbs is behind a sliding cover either side in the tailgate. The bulbs should be handled carefully.

From the Seat manual

VyFfkUu.png

New bulbs verses the ones that came out:

FyApe4a.png

Fitted into place:

YeuN18G.png

Illuminated:

eQRoZIp.png

j5NULcT.png

As a footnote OBDeleven shows that the factory fitted reversing bulbs are up to full intensity so they are not toned down, just dim.

These replacement ones work perfectly, no issues. They take the light output from 18w too 32w.

For rear indicator LED build replacement see:

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?p=4735242#post4735242

Last edited:
Reactions: Twed

hamst

Jun 5, 2020
Just replaced it, the reverse lamps are even easier to replace, and make a HUGE difference. Looks much better more slick, bright and modern.

Reactions: Tell

Twed

Apr 1, 2020
Went to order the ones off Amazon from above and they were unavailable so I found the below.

They've landed today and look exactly the same so will report back

Reactions: Tell

Twed

Apr 1, 2020
OK, had the bulbs over a week and just got them fitted. They're very bright and some of the LED's shine straight out so could improve vision. The problem I find sometimes with LEDs in general is that they;re bright to look at but the actual output is poop. LED street lamps is a fine example.

Anyway.. Pictures! this is before. I tried to get a photo that captured a true representation of what i could see.
blubs before.jpg

Then After... Bulbs went in pretty easy and there are no warning lights on the dash so all good!
bulbs after 1.jpg

And with the LED indicator lights too.
bulbs after.jpg

Reactions: Terry99 and Tell

Tell

Staff member
They are twice as bright as the originals based on my previous research on those bulbs. Good point is people can see you when reversing out of car parks and quite a lot of light when reversing in the dark linked to the rear camera.

I'll edit the link in. Thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: Terry99 and Twed

hamst

Jun 5, 2020
OK, had the bulbs over a week and just got them fitted. They're very bright and some of the LED's shine straight out so could improve vision. The problem I find sometimes with LEDs in general is that they;re bright to look at but the actual output is poop. LED street lamps is a fine example.

Anyway.. Pictures! this is before. I tried to get a photo that captured a true representation of what i could see.
View attachment 16650

Then After... Bulbs went in pretty easy and there are no warning lights on the dash so all good! View attachment 16651

And with the LED indicator lights too. View attachment 16652
Hi,

I have the same and I confirm they are extremely bright, even compared to the LED turn signal bulbs.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise