Res delete - Cupra 290 70plate

Oct 11, 2020
Hi,
I'm thinking of doing a res delete on my cupra 290 70 plate, was wondering if anyone else has done it and whats the difference or is it worth it etc? I've been quoted £80 for the res delete and if I ever do need to out it back on it'll cost £40. Anyone with lease cars that have done this? I've been told you can do it but as long it is put back into stock its okay, hence why the price for putting it back on

Oct 20, 2019
Hull
Hi,
I'm thinking of doing a res delete on my cupra 290 70 plate, was wondering if anyone else has done it and whats the difference or is it worth it etc? I've been quoted £80 for the res delete and if I ever do need to out it back on it'll cost £40. Anyone with lease cars that have done this? I've been told you can do it but as long it is put back into stock its okay, hence why the price for putting it back on
I have a vagsport res delete on the way for my 20plate Cupra 290 lease car. My brother already has one on his 19 plate Cupra 290 lease car and the difference is night and day. Comfort mode is fairy similar just slightly more audible but Cupra mode brings much louder pops and bangs and louder dsg farts. Don’t get me wrong it’s nothing like the pre-gpf cars but in my opinion it’s still worth it. ??

Reactions: Adam7867
Oct 11, 2020
I have a vagsport res delete on the way for my 20plate Cupra 290 lease car. My brother already has one on his 19 plate Cupra 290 lease car and the difference is night and day. Comfort mode is fairy similar just slightly more audible but Cupra mode brings much louder pops and bangs and louder dsg farts. Don’t get me wrong it’s nothing like the pre-gpf cars but in my opinion it’s still worth it. ??
How much was the Vag res delete and how much is it for someone to put it in for you?

FOX1429

Aug 6, 2012
Wales
Got smaller custom made resonator box on my 2018 Cupra300.

the full res delete was ridiculously loud hence the smaller box which strikes the right balance for me.

seat Finance aware and no issue

only £20 more per year on insurance

Oct 20, 2019
Hull
How much was the Vag res delete and how much is it for someone to put it in for you?
Bought from progressive parts (site sponsor) for £128 with the discount code off here. My brother is a mechanic so he’s fitting for me, from what I have seen on the progressive parts site it’s pretty much diy (exhaust cutter required) and you can return to stock by unclamping it and putting the resonator back on as all clamps are supplied to reverse the fit as a diy.

going off al the reviews on here from other owners of the gpf 290 Cupra the research and development that vagsport have done is what makes it the best value.
no drone (gpf cars)
Easy diy (exhaust cutter required)
Easy to reverse as all clamps/sleeves are supplied.
Mandrel bends for exact fit and flow.

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Got smaller custom made resonator box on my 2018 Cupra300.

the full res delete was ridiculously loud hence the smaller box which strikes the right balance for me.

seat Finance aware and no issue

only £20 more per year on insurance
Yours is 2018 so a much bigger difference as it doesn't have the GPF/PPF.

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
yeah absolutely.

it was Asbo loud all the one even in comfort mode and a real bad drone between 2-3000 rpm which was why I went custom box
Yeah I loved mine, but the drone on the 4Drive was too much. But I have a prototype VAGSport one now with anti drone pipe, bob on now. Not sure when they'll be making it properly, had it for nearly 2 years now.

Oct 20, 2019
Hull
fitted my res-delete today. So far very pleased, pops/bangs are a lot louder & dsg farts are louder also.
so far had it up to speed limit and had no drone ??
Thanks to progressive parts for the speedy delivery and the discount code. The vagsport kit really is of very good quality and the fit is perfect ??

Attachments

• E946F46F-764B-49B6-9178-00BA79661197.jpeg
    E946F46F-764B-49B6-9178-00BA79661197.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 189
Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.