Resprey of mk 4

Jul 14, 2012
redditch
A decent respray is around 1900 to 2100 but there are con artists they will do it cheap in back street body shop if you do prep work your self you will save alto money because that's where all Labour is

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk 2

DeanC93

GHZ 4168 #1 :P
Apr 10, 2013
Kilrea, Northern Ireland
Yeah but on the other hand it's the prep work that matters and determines the quality of the finish.
I'd leave the whole thing to the professional or do the whole thing yourself...

krussel

Oct 31, 2008
Hertforshire
Yeah but on the other hand it's the prep work that matters and determines the quality of the finish.
I'd leave the whole thing to the professional or do the whole thing yourself...

This is very true ;)

If you want a top finish then let the pro's do the job start to finish. However you can help the cost by stripping the car yourself as that saves labour as well.

krussel

Oct 31, 2008
Hertforshire
No worries mate.

I once helped a mate strip down a Nova in the car park outside the spray shop. Lights, bumpers, wing mirrors, ariel and rubbing strips etc. Stuffed them into my car and drove off. saved him the best part of £300. :rofl:

Matty White

Jul 9, 2013
northamptonshire
is it worth it? if you want a decent job engine will have to be dropped out so engine bay can be done. more pain than its worth trust me!

got qualifications in panel beating and spraying

krussel

Oct 31, 2008
Hertforshire
is it worth it? if you want a decent job engine will have to be dropped out so engine bay can be done. more pain than its worth trust me!

got qualifications in panel beating and spraying

That's true a full pro job with all the glass out and all trim etc is very nice but prob cost more than the car is worth.

iain1970

I ♥ TDI
Apr 19, 2005
The Wrong side of the Pennines
Me and the wife are facing the very same dilema with our FR. It has plenty of car park door dents, scratches and now two of the arches are bubbling rust through. We've had the car from new (8 years) and she still likes the car. We know rhat the work will be more than the car is worth, but way cheaper than buying a new car.

I'm going to get a quote for getting the car freshened up, although I'm annoyed that she doesn't want to fit facelift bumpers!

krussel

Oct 31, 2008
Hertforshire
Me and the wife are facing the very same dilema with our FR. It has plenty of car park door dents, scratches and now two of the arches are bubbling rust through. We've had the car from new (8 years) and she still likes the car. We know rhat the work will be more than the car is worth, but way cheaper than buying a new car.

I'm going to get a quote for getting the car freshened up, although I'm annoyed that she doesn't want to fit facelift bumpers!

Where have the arches rusted ?

If its on the fronts it could be the old square foam spacer problem ?

Mar 19, 2010
Mines in the body shop now getting full car done(windows out / door shuts), aero side skirts and matching gun metal roof for 1500. I still dont get why people go on about "more than the cars worth". go buy a new car and watch how it depreciates :D

Last edited:

iain1970

I ♥ TDI
Apr 19, 2005
Where have the arches rusted ?

If its on the fronts it could be the old square foam spacer problem ?

I did some searching on the forum after I posted and it would seem it is that. I'm going to ring the local dealer and ask for the paint thickness test etc etc. The car hasn't been looked after by anyone other than them since it was new and hasn't been painted at all, socwe'll see how it goes regarding a warranty claim.

krussel

Oct 31, 2008
Hertforshire
I did some searching on the forum after I posted and it would seem it is that. I'm going to ring the local dealer and ask for the paint thickness test etc etc. The car hasn't been looked after by anyone other than them since it was new and hasn't been painted at all, socwe'll see how it goes regarding a warranty claim.

Its worth a try.

I must remove the liners and take my foam out before the winter. :blink:

iain1970

I ♥ TDI
Apr 19, 2005
Went to the dealer today and theynsent me straight to the local VAG approved bodyshop for a look. Bloke said he'd submit the quote for a new wing, blend and door strip to Seat and see what they say. Ours was the second he'd seen in a week. He said the foam is on the Thatcham database as a design fault and isn't replaced when insurance work is done.

Getting back on track, he said a full respray there would be at least a couple of grand, so if Seat approve the repair, I'll get them to quote for the full car.

Last edited:

mymorph

Feb 21, 2005
wolves

same here lots of dings to be ironed out. owned from new on 54 plate, 109k miles. new wings available at eurocarparts currently on offer at £37 I think each.

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise