rev limiter

dgjdrummer

Part-timer
Nov 5, 2011
Wrexham, N. Wales
Petrol - has a rev limiter already
Diesel - done as part of a remap for effect only.

Do you mean cruise control by any chance? Quite a few people have it fitted for convenience, some people claim it's better for economy, others claim it's better judging it yourself and changin revs/gears manually.

scott180

Aug 13, 2014
portsmouth
i was looking for like omex launch control rev limiter sort of style. to limit revs to 2500rpm for example on take off.

dgjdrummer

Part-timer
Nov 5, 2011
Wrexham, N. Wales
Ah I get you, I know it can be mapped in to some ECUs but I don't know any more than that. Best bet is to ask Bill in the Badger 5 section or search for builds where people have the feature(s) you're after.

wul3er

Mar 22, 2014
North Lanarkshire
I've got it written in to my remap. It's not something I use all the time pulling away normal is fine but it's good if your taking the car to a 1/4 day.

I'd imaging it would put a lot of extra stress on the clutch using it a lot.

scott180

Aug 13, 2014
portsmouth
oh right thats a bit disapointing if it doesnt build boost. havent seen many leons with it fitted. was going to look at a stand alone limiter but i cant find any cheap. all the cheaper ones are single coil only :(

Azza_

Sep 17, 2008
South Shields
im not sure if its possible to build boost, id expect so but on our turbos its just going to cause trouble, it still does well for what it is

scott180

Aug 13, 2014
portsmouth
how soon after take of does it spool up? i realy fancy launch control but am worried ill get a flat spot on launch. quite like the sound when it hits the limiter

Azza_

Sep 17, 2008
South Shields
no idea to be honest i rarely use it as its more of a drag toy, not something you really wanna use at traffic lights etc haha

Azza_

Sep 17, 2008
South Shields
then id find a new mapper, dont get me wrong i was told it shouldnt be used constantly but it should be fairly easy for an experienced mapper to enable.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members