Reversing Camera Question ?

Big Vinny

Oct 14, 2012
We have just taken delivery of a 2020 registered Ibiza FR. The car is standard and not fitted with parking sensors. We asked for the accessory rear parking camera to be retro fitted.

Upon receiving the car with the camera we were very disappointed to see the camera does not have either the straight coloured guidelines or the bendy steering controlled guidelines. That is to say it is nothing but a basic camera only that cost us £410. We are in contact with the main dealer waiting for a resolution to this issue as a camera only is pretty useless.

I would like to ask members what they have fitted in their FR and can I expect more than just a basic camera ? Thanks in anticipation !

Mike Coulter

Jun 13, 2020
United Kingdom
Seems strange to me, I've never seen a reversing camera without guidelines show up.

I didn't go for the camera though, I got the dealer to fit rear parking sensors.

Big Vinny

Oct 14, 2012
The dealer has told us that the kj FR does not support the straight or bendy guidelines, a basic camera is all you get for £410 ! We have told them that this is extremely poor value for money and await their reply.

By the way the camera is very easy to activate using OBD11.

Sep 21, 2020
Luckily I got my camera thrown in as part of the deal when I bought it but I have to agree I would have never bought it for the price tag! No lines etc but to be fair still useful!! But yeah sadly it’s just a basic camera!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members