Revo remap for 184tdi

neil_f225

Mar 14, 2005
Got an email today from Revo announcing release of software for 2.0tdi 150 and 184bhp engines. Have had Revo software on previous petrol and diesel cars with good results and no issues. Interestingly their power figures are less than than the dtuk tuning box. Tempted with the remap especially as they have their 25% sale on just now. Have read various reports on the tuning boxes and seems a lot of it is down to experimenting with different settings to get it to run smoothly which I'm not sure I could be bothered with. Also how likely is it to obtain the 235bhp they quote given very few people seem to be able to use the boxes on the higher settings? Only drawback with remap is dealer is likely to over write it during servicing as I have 2 years free servicing with the car.

neil_f225

Mar 14, 2005
I had a tuning box on a diesel years ago and then switched to a remap was far superior. I haven't experienced the latest generation of tuning boxes which I imagine are better. The remap can always be flashed on again and most places don't charge for it. I'm just wary of all the comments I read about tuning boxes and people experiencing issues - juddering or uneven power delivery

brobbo

Jun 24, 2014
i think I'm going to go with the revo map, I've had the DTUK box and it made my engine run lumpy so i sold it.

brobbo

Jun 24, 2014
Thing is shark is £649 or there a outs, revo has a sale on and is around £299

perky85

Sep 27, 2006
shropshire
www.apautomotive.com
That's cheap for such a new map. How much development has gone into it?

On such a new car, I would be more concerned about which supplier has done more mileage. It may be just may way of thinking, but the more mileage or larger scale something has been used from new, the bigger the scope to monitor any teething issues. So far I've not heard of issues pertaining from Shark with this engine yet.

I have not heard of many running Revo either?

neil_f225

Mar 14, 2005
That's cheap for such a new map. How much development has gone into it?

On such a new car, I would be more concerned about which supplier has done more mileage. It may be just may way of thinking, but the more mileage or larger scale something has been used from new, the bigger the scope to monitor any teething issues. So far I've not heard of issues pertaining from Shark with this engine yet.

I have not heard of many running Revo either?

Both are reputable companies with a long history of tuning vag vehicles. I have used revo software on several vehicles over the years and had no issues.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members