REVO Stage 1

Loonyjuice

Dec 5, 2005
Warrington
My feet finally warmed up and I went and got a REVO stage 1 remap for my 170 TDI. Just wanted to share my experience for anyone else out there umming and ahhing. If the figures are to be believed I've now got 210bhp and 320 lbft.

I had the work done at ADS in Preston, and heading home down the A59, I went to overtake 2 cars and was shocked at the extra thrust available. It has made an improvement that now feels worthy of it's red TDI badges. I've always felt the engine to be a bit weak compared to my old 150PD Toledo (~200kg lighter!). The car actually squats under acceleration now and 3rd and 4th gears are rapid now.

I can only see 2 problems, why haven't I done this sooner - I'll be getting all future cars done now - and how much is this going to cost in tyres?

Oh, and I still got 43mpg average. Might have to check this is still accurate...

Last edited:

Loonyjuice

Dec 5, 2005
Warrington
Funnily enough I do, and I'm going to investigate the discs and calipers from a 3.2 A4, which should provide a sufficient and cost effective upgrade. I'd be interested to know if anyone else has done this?

Last edited:

OLDOILER

Jul 28, 2005
Wiltshire, UK
I can only see 2 problems, why haven't I done this sooner - I'll be getting all future cars done now - and how much is this going to cost in tyres?

Oh, and I still got 43mpg average. Might have to check this is still accurate...
Yes the tyres don't last long with the higher torque?? You should get up to 53mpg at 80 on a run - did on mine several times. ............................!!

Dillinja

Throbbing Member
May 16, 2003
Beds
Visit site
Hey Loony,

I've had Revo on a previous car (stage 1) and for that I had a switch. Is yours like that or did they have to flash the chip?

mcdonald

Not sure for the TDI engines, but I replaced the default Bosch DV by a Forge FMDV008 on my 1.8T engine recently because the Bosch is less relaible especially after a remap.

forge008.jpg

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.