Rns510 teething problems.

Kevgrady

May 4, 2006
North East
I have just installed the RNS510 version H (vw version) and I was under the impression the the mfd screen would also so information from the navigation screen? Does this need to be enabled through vcds?

Kev.

surajb1

"FR"
Oct 21, 2012
UK, Birmingham
Ive just installed rns510 and I messed around with vcds to get the navigation on mdf, I will check mine later on and tell you what you need to do

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

surajb1

"FR"
Oct 21, 2012
UK, Birmingham
I will have a look for you right now, give me 30minz

Edit..
Module 19 - CAN Gateway
Long coder
Byte 3
Tick navigation
byte 4
Tick instrument cluster & CAN-gateway

Module 37-Navigation
Long coder
Byte 1
Sound system not installed
Byte 2
Sound system (active speakers)
Byte 4
Speaker monitoring: inactive (sound system) alled
Byte 5
Equalization: linear
Byte 7
Untick bit 7 communication instrument cluster via operation and display protocol (BAP)

Have a go at that and see if it works

Last edited:

sunny2k2000

Under the Hood!
Sep 4, 2008
Leicester
Since fitting a Sub i'm having below issues; also now if i remove the sub wiring i still get the same issue, seems like somehow its lost its coding?

1. Rns 510 system isn't communicating with the car's MFD, ie. Sat nav directions don't show on MFD, bluetooth and Steering controls don't work
2. MIDI device isn't working with the RNS 510.

surajb1

"FR"
Oct 21, 2012
UK, Birmingham
Since fitting a Sub i'm having below issues; also now if i remove the sub wiring i still get the same issue, seems like somehow its lost its coding?

1. Rns 510 system isn't communicating with the car's MFD, ie. Sat nav directions don't show on MFD, bluetooth and Steering controls don't work
2. MIDI device isn't working with the RNS 510.

Follow my steps on page 1 with vcds

dijas

Jul 24, 2014
Hello.

I recently purchased a Seat Leon FR Facelift edition. This is my first ever post on this site. I probably would have posted more but luckily I do actually use the search functionality to answers I require and so far I have found this site useful both. In fact I used this site to actually make a decision on what car to go for.

Anyway, my car came with RCD 310. I decided before purchasing the car that I would replace this unit with a RNS 510 as I wanted Sat Nav. I used the various guides on here to install it. It was pretty much plug and play. I got it configured using VCDS so that the directions appear on the MFD.

My phone connects to the RNS 510. I can see my phone book in both the MFD and RNS display. I can dial a number from either the MFD using the steering wheel controls or using the touchscreen on the stereo. There is one major problem which I am currently having. After I have connected my phone and press the microphone button on the steering wheel when making a call, I hear nothing. The other person on the phone can hear me (I think) but I cannot hear them. I've tried dialing from the stereo and it is the same issue. Voice control no longer works either by pressing the microphone button on the steering wheel - I don't even hear the womans voice who notifies you the feature has switched on. When I press the star/microphone button on the RNS, the womans voice does come on but the voice commands fail - that is probably because there is no wires in the MIC IN/OUT on the back of the RNS in the loom.

Is there a conflict between the RNS system and the factory bluetooth? What can I do to make sound come out. I have tried using audio streaming over bluetooth and no sound is output either.

I have read somewhere that Leon Factory bluetooth has only one audio output channel - do I need to wire a pair of cables from the bluetooth connector to the back of the RNS?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.