Road Angel Wired To Interior Light help

s1ggm

Just hard wired my Road Angel 2 into the interior light, it works a treat, ran the cable straight up the A Pillar into the roof liner and into the light unit

Only problem i have is when i turn the engine off and lock the car the road angel stays on

Any ideas, i wanted to wire it to the Cigarette lighter but i couldnt get to it after an hour are rarving around!

Im assuming the only way round this is sticking a switch in some where? any advice would be appreciated

By the way is a Mk4 Cupra TDi

s1ggm

im hopeless at stuff like that and i didnt want to F***K anything up, little knowledge being dangerous and all

Triple D

I would also like to know haow to hardwire the road angel as i currently have it running into the cigarette lighter and have to take it out everytime i turn the car off, and it also looks messy having the cable up and over the dash.
Has anyone done or know of a guide of how to harwire it to the ignition?

VRStu

Briskodian
Mar 22, 2005
Hampshire
www.fabia-vrs.com
You need to identify a switched live.

Buy yourself a cheap digital multimeter - Maplins do a nice one for around £8.

Off of the radio is normally an easy to get to switched live.

s1ggm

thanks for all the advise, i have booked it into the dealer, charging me £30 to do it

BlackFR

Jan 22, 2002
Not too far away
The feed to the interior light is turned off after a few minutes... saves the battery if you leave the interior light on:)

As said above, the radio is probably the best place to pick up what you're after :)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members