• Hi Guest why not show off your SEAT! (now fixed)
    You can now share your favourite car photos in the new media gallery including embedding pictures from your Instagram account.

Rough Idle - 6L Ibiza FR 20VT

Jan 2, 2020
Hello

Whenever I’m starting the car it idles up to 1250RPM for a few minutes, and makes a loud noise, before getting faster and then suddenly stopping and going back to 750RPM.

I have no dash lights and am genuinely stuck as to what it could be. Has anyone else had a similar issue? Helpful replies would be appreciated.

Cheers

DeanMcclaughlin

Aug 13, 2020
Just unplug it. Either way it'll throw a fault code that you'll need sorted out. Either get it mapped out or buy a resistor to put across the pins of the plug

Reactions: FR_BOOST
Jan 2, 2020
Just unplug it. Either way it'll throw a fault code that you'll need sorted out. Either get it mapped out or buy a resistor to put across the pins of the plug
Aye I’ll give it a crack when this weather quietens down. Is it only on the plug that you have to put the resistor, or are there more than one?
Cheers

DeanMcclaughlin

Aug 13, 2020
I have mine mapped out now but prior to that I just had a resistor across the 2 pin plug going into the pump. I did have a fault code after that for sai insufficient flow but it didn't put the engine light on. If you have anyone that can read your ecu for you and send me the file then I don't mind deleting the codes, only takes 5 min

Jan 2, 2020
Appreciate the response and the offer mate. I’ll see if I can get someone to read it but if not I’ll I plug it and buy the resistors because would rather go without the hassle 😄👍🏻

Jan 2, 2020
Appreciate the response and the offer mate. I’ll see if I can get someone to read it but if not I’ll I plug it and buy the resistors because would rather go without the hassle 😄👍🏻
I’ve disconnected the plug but it still idles about 1250 for a minute or two and sounds like a bag of ****. The exhaust is knackered but it’s getting a new one this Thursday, might get some decent plugs in it and then maybe go from there

DeanMcclaughlin

Aug 13, 2020
With the engine running can you hear any hissing/sucking noise around or underneath the inlet manifold? The oil breather pipes split under there and create a vac leak which will cause idle issues.

Aug 17, 2020
Spray some wd40 or anything flammable lynx works too around suspected leak areas if it's leaking engine noise will change

GAP Insurance - cover the difference for peace of mind