Rubbish sounding bass

mc-obesity

Alright people.

Ive got a Cupra 280 with the Seat sound pack

Im starting to notice the sub isn't very noticeable...

When sitting still its not too bad and you can hear/feel it a lot more...

But when your moving it might as well not be there... can barley hear it and can only seem to hear the bass coming from the door speakers.

I was wondering if sound deading the boot floor and under/around/inside the spare wheel where the sub sits would make a difference?

Or does any one have the "perfect" settings for quite heavy bass without making the volume sound funny when it kicks in up loud?

Any one have any experience with this or can help? Its doing my head in now, very annoying.

thanks

chrishale

May 31, 2010
Manchester, UK
I thought mine was quite when I first got it. But I turned up in the level in the Sound Setup menu. I suppose it depends on what kind of music you listen to, but mine sounds great at any volume really.

I used to have a Vibe vented 12" in my old Ibiza and I'd say the Seat Sound Pack isn't noticeably different to that.

I'll check what settings I've got on mine when I get home and let you know.

Last edited:

cptSparko

Apr 11, 2014
Sound deadening will help regardless. I've turned the sub up a couple of notches in the sound setup menu.

neil_f225

Mar 14, 2005
I turned the sub setting upto to 3/4 and also increased the lower frequencies on the equaliser and can definitely hear/feel it. For the size I'm impressed by the performance as I've had various aftermarket sound systems/subwoofers over the years.

mc-obesity

Ive got the sub on +3 (went through each one). Low frequencies up 3 or 4 notches and the higher ones down a couple.. Thats after a great deal of fannying about!
Not sure if im just expecting too much from it, its just annoying how it sounds perfect when your not moving... Might try the deadening on the boot floor to see if it makes any difference.

Blergh, effort... ha

mc-obesity

Well... I gave them settings a go.

Sounds alright when the Sub is turned down to about 3 but when its at 8 it sounds strange at high volume.

Hard to explain but its as if everything goes quiet when the bass kicks in then goes loud again once the bass part of the song stops.. If that makes sense?

I think i am just expecting too much from it to be honest :censored:

Last edited:

chrishale

May 31, 2010
Manchester, UK

Sounds alright when the Sub is turned down to about 3 but when its at 8 it sounds strange at high volume.

Hard to explain but its as if everything goes quiet when the bass kicks in then goes loud again once the bass part of the song stops.. If that makes sense?

Out of interest, what sort of music are you listening to?

andrewpain

Jul 5, 2014
Meppershall Beds.
mine's mainly rock - Floyd, Zepp, Yes, mixed with Billy Joel, Alan Parsons, Mike and the Mechanics - that sort of stuff. I'm really impressed with how it sounds.
My hearing's not good, so I fiddled a lot with the equaliser so I could accentuate the high frequencies that I'm losing, then the bass (cos I could) then tweaked the mid-ranges a bit.
and it all sounds better than in my older E class. Even War of the Worlds sounds refreshed.
But I am a BOF...

shutcorea

Nov 22, 2011
Mexico

yes, its normal. Its the stereo protecting itself for any distortion, you can't turn the volume really loud if the bass on the song is too high. That's why I had to install a new sub with its own amp. I usually keep the base setting to -1 or -2 and the gain on the external one at 60 to 75%.

That way I can turn the volume quite loud and the sub will do an awesome job without the stereo protecting itself.

mc-obesity

Not sure if anyone cares... but i think i figured it out.
In the sound setup the Blutooth Audio was set to "Low"
Then under that option there was a "sound lowering" option which was turned on to medium...
Turned that off and it doesnt seem to be "protecting" its self now!
WOOT :clap:

*not sure of the exact wording of the options as going from memory but if anyone does want to know ill take a picture.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise