Safety pack - do I have it?

ayc1985

Jun 20, 2011
Sorry for the spam but I don't know if my other thread got coverage.

Hi guys,

I picked up my 280 cupra a few weeks ago now with all of the options (apart from leather.) I have checked out the winter and driver packs but I can't seem to see any evidence of the safety pack.

I'm sure the safety pack was rear seatbelt indicators as well as a tiredness detection system.

In the setup it does not say "tiredness detection system" like in the manual i downloaded but "driver alert system", is this the same thing?

also I had my girlfriend sit in the back at the weekend with no seatbelt to see if it gave an alert and it didn't. Worst case they forgot to put it on and I might need a refund for the money it cost.

Thanks.

Mar 13, 2011
I have it on ours. Can't say I've tried the tiredness recognition system, but the seatbelt warnings certainly work. There are 4 little logos at the bottom of the DIS when you turn the ignition on.

meich

Jan 15, 2014
Hey,

in germany it's called safety-pack, too. The package includes seat belt alarm and the tiredness detector.

Sometimes the brochures are described a bit unhappy

scrich7

Oct 6, 2013
Bedford
I have this without even realising when I purchased the car, only realised when I saw the seatbelt warnings in the bottom right hand corner of the DIS in place of the trip computer. I've never had the tiredness recognition system alert me, but perhaps I'm never tired enough ;)

chrisRibiza

Sep 27, 2007
Same here.

Is the safety pack an audible warning rather than the wee visual warning?

How do you know if you have tiredness recognition?

scrich7

Oct 6, 2013
Bedford
The seat belt indicator for the rear seats is only visual, nothing audible. If you have the rear seatbelt warnings you should have the tiredness recognition as they are part of the same pack. There should also be an additional option somewhere in the settings for the driver alert system or something similar

chrisRibiza

Sep 27, 2007
Ahh yeah I think I do have that. I'll have to take a look later and see. Def have the rear seat belt indicators.

chrisRibiza

Sep 27, 2007
Found the setting and it was turned on.

It's never alerted me although I have to say I have never felt sleepy at the wheel really so that would prob be why! :D