Sat Nav Functions

Loadmaster748

Roll on summer.....
Aug 2, 2019
Surrey, UK
The sat nav in my 2020 Ateca doesn't appear to have traffic or speed camera warnings. Is this right or am I missing something?

A bit disappointing if that's the case.

Tell

Staff member
We dont know (me) whether you can read speed camera databases into them via a POI import. You can with the Mib2.5 fitted to Skodas. On Skoda and VW there was an option with the online import to do it that way but no beep, but you could still import them via the import menu and you got the beep. Radas the programmer of Poinspector got it working on mib2.5. Obviously it works on mib2 and mib1. The problem with the WiFi mib2 standard units was fixed.

First is to find the Poi import menu on the car, Ateca 2020 is the mib3 unit, base model on UK Seats at the minute. Really only the VW Passat in 2019 got the Mib3. This year the VAG group has gone big on Mib3 across the group. Probably testing it last year on just Passat.

The Seat manual is a bit thin on the navigation side. I wanted to check the menu options but I haven't been able to from the printed material. Whilst the terming of the units has been changed, trying to check what you can do in the new Mib3 against the Mib3 with the 3D buildings (old mib2 standard v plus). You could drag a route to change it in the plus, standard you can't. Don't know whether this is supported in both. I did substantiate that on the base unit mib3 they have swapped back to Here Maps cartography away from TomTom.

Not sure whether a dealer with the new rules will let me play.....

Suppose to have traffic sign recognition in it but you need lane assist for that. You won't be able to enable this in 2020 builds if it isn't enabled since VCDS mods are locked down till an agreement is made with VAG. Checking your VCDS tool website is required.

So basically, if the car has lane assist then it may have it enabled... check dealer, no lane assist, can't be done.

Really need people with Mib3 to dig around the menus looking for POI import. Suppose to be a cog wheel for map updates off line. Would not mind that checked... didn't manage to find it but didn't have the engine running. Reading some translated German stuff there appeared to be moans about the Passat not accepting more up-to-date maps even when they were on the VW website. Another area for testing. That is via the cog. We don't know how interchangeable the maps are between mib3 brands as they were on mib2. Quite a lot isn't known at the minute.

Edit TSR is on the top of the range one atleast according to the configurator, didn't check the rest. Saying that doesn't seem to mention Lane Assist. Seat UK has a bit of a reputation for specified items not totally matching on new models. Don't think they would be using a different camera to the lane assist one but always a first time.

XPERIENCE Lux Trim highlights

Last edited:
Reactions: Loadmaster748